drrragon

Brightly colors mascaras!

Hi ladies!  I was browsing in my local Sephora after work today and saw that Anastasia has a bright blue mascara and also a purple one!  It looked like so much fun especially with summer coming around the bend.

Just wondering if anyone is planning to sport a colored mascara this summer?  Dannyc, weren't you looking for a Chanel one a few weeks ago?  Did you ever find "the one"?

I would love something blue/greenish with a sparkly finish! 

josie13

Re: Brightly colors mascaras!

(0) Hearts

What color mascara do you girls recommend for blue eyes?

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I too have blue eyes and like to play with different eyeliner & mascara colors. I'm not a fan of brown mascara even though it's "recommended" to make blue eyes stand out. I do like plum, huge fan of plum. I went with the Givenchy waterproof purple this year & wish I found a plum instead. I like the purple, & I'll wear it all summer, but next summer I'm going back to plum. 

You can do blue too, a few years back I had a blue mascara & had a lot of fun with it. 

islandqt

(0) Hearts

I just bought Chanel's new Blue Note mascara and it is pretty good, it's actually quite wearable and I wish it were even brighter!! I would love to add a purple and then I would be satisfied but haven't found a purple I like yet...

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Yup, I tend to wear Blue Note all over my lashes, even to work.  It's that wearable.

Then again, I just put it on the tips this AM because I have a greenish blue eyeliner on and didn't want to clash.

lylysa

Speaking of sparkly finishes!

I easily add a dash of sparkle to my lashes with my glitter liners!

You can take the fine point brush tip and "paint"/dab flicks of glitter onto lashes direct or dispense some product onto your finger and lift it up to your lashes and "blink", letting your lashes hit the portion of your finger with the glitter gel liner to pick up a more subtle hint of sparkle.

This is great for parties and holidays and even for folks who find wearing a glitter liner too much on its own. It gives the product some versatility and still allows it to be used!

crayzeeRN

I really like this idea... will definitely have to try!

melissabt

Hi Drragon,

I was thinking about wearing a bright blue for summer! I have the Urban Decay in Electric and I'll apply it to the bottom part of my eyes only and then add the mascara for an added pop of color.

blue.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/full-action-extreme-effect-mascara-P278807?skuId=1228055

<3 Melissa
DTalksAll

Here is the waterproof Givenchy in Purple Velvet http://www.sephora.com/noir-couture-4-in-1-waterproof-mascara-P379099?skuId=1504984 

Sorry for the Crappy photo, but the UPS man didn't show up until 5 :smileysad: & I was running out of rooms with enough natural light. 

I didn't use a lash comb, curler, or primer & I'm pleased to say it passed the water & rub test. I was so nervous about purple (instead of plum) since this will most likely be my every day mascara for the Summer, but it's not too obnoxious. 

SCORE for me :smileywink:

* does a little happy dance *

purple.jpg

starletta8

I LOVE this!  My fingers are twitching trying to resist it.  That looks like the purple I've been searching for!

crayzeeRN

Oooo VERY pretty! Thanks for sharing a photo!

viviene23

very nice... I like how it is noticeable and yet still wearable!

thanks for sharing...now I want it ;-)

melissabt

That looks so amazing with your eye color!:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
DTalksAll

Thanks! Not "too" purple", but still has a nice pop of color. 

mityren

I have been dying to get this! I was afraid it would too purple. Definitely ordering this now! Thanks for the pic!

drrragon

oooh that is so pretty!  and really sets off your beautiful eye color!  definitely the purple was a great choice!  thanks for sharing the pic :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Titian06

I've been wanting a purple mascara for some time.  Thanks for sharing!

redrose04

my eyes is black can I use cobalt blue mascara? 

mityren

(0) Hearts

I think that would be pretty! Black or brown eyes in my opinion look good with everything! I have green eyes like a forest green almost so I can't use too many actual colors so I'm a little jealous right now.

janinebt

I love colorful mascaras it's a quick way to add some depth to your daily look without being too extreme. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
crayzeeRN

I'm definitely going to be getting a purple mascara soon! Will take a look at the Anastasia one as well!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 51 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • btmod1
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • ashhay
    • dianabt
    • melissabt