drrragon

Brightly colors mascaras!

Hi ladies!  I was browsing in my local Sephora after work today and saw that Anastasia has a bright blue mascara and also a purple one!  It looked like so much fun especially with summer coming around the bend.

Just wondering if anyone is planning to sport a colored mascara this summer?  Dannyc, weren't you looking for a Chanel one a few weeks ago?  Did you ever find "the one"?

I would love something blue/greenish with a sparkly finish! 

ashhay

Re: Brightly colors mascaras!

I am still wishing bronze was a permanent color in some makeup company's mascara line.

berniebeauty

I got one from Tokidoki around a year ago. It was bright blue, not midnight, BRIGHT blue. I liked it but I didn't use it often enough so I think I'll stay to plain black for now.

~We are all beautiful~

DTalksAll

It was a discontinued waterproof plum mascara from YSL. I just purchased the Givenchy, it should be arriving by UPS in a nice Sephora box with some other goodies tomorrow :smileyhappy: I'll swatch it & let you know what I think. 

swfupload_4780032727425574198.jpg

UD had a blue a few years back in the cannon ball (or was it big fatty... I can't remember). I think colored mascaras are so much fun for summer. You can still play up with your eyes, but don't need any shadow or eyeliner. I'm nervous on the purple though. Plum was perfect, purple might be a little too much for me. 

drrragon

@dannyc, do you use it on the whole lash or just tips?  definitely report back once you get your goodie box!  :smileyvery-happy:

DTalksAll

I love goodie boxes! I'm so excited for tomorrow's delivery :smileytongue: 

The plum I wore on the whole lash. The blue UD sometimes just the tips layered over my regular mascara... if I was feeling playful then the whole lash. It really depends on the formula & the look you're going for. 

Something else to try, if you have colored gel liners/shadows is to play with them. I take a flat tip liner brush & dip it into my black buxom gel liner and brush it on my lower lashes. Mascara is normally too intense for my lower lashes, but gel liner adds a tint without clumping or extreme lengthening. 

starletta8

I have three of the four Chanel LE colored mascaras: Blue Note (cobalt blue), Aqua (teal-aqua), Zest (yellow).

I've worn the cobalt and the aqua to work (mostly just on tips)- but I find the colored mascaras fun.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

did those make it into one of the haul threads?  it does sound vaguely familiar....maybe it was the day you said stuff just kept jumping into your chanel shopping bags, lol.  Sounds like I should check out blue Note and Aqua!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I wear Blue Note on my entire lashes- but just Aqua on the tips.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

They did make it into the haul threads- aside from the yellow. Even I know that's a bit out there. (But it's appropriate for when I go to any number of game-watch parties),

dianabt

I used to have an amazing burgundy mascara that I loved! Sadly it only started appearing during the holiday and winter seasons but I'm still on the search for a great purple-burgundy toned mascara like those from YSL or that Lancome and Benefit used to have. :smileyhappy:

swfupload_6922335687442473492.jpgswfupload_6980646715575727486.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
buzzbee3

I love Anastasia's new pink mascara. I put on my usual mascara, & then use the pink just on the tips. I like the purple but it wasn't noticeable on my lashes. Perhaps if the purple was a little brighter.....

drrragon

eeek!  pink!  that sounds awesome!  My sephora only had black, blue, and purple.  gotta look up the pink one.

buzzbee3

(0) Hearts

Really??? It's sooooo freaken cool!!!

buzzbee3

It's @ my local Sephora inside JCP but I couldn't find it here on the site.....weird. Anyway, here's what it looks like ------> http://www.anastasia.net/Hypercolor-Brow-and-Lash-Tint.html

drrragon

[ Edited ]

oh wow that looks so cool and bright!  i gotta try it.  maybe only the JCP sephoras carry that color....

thanks for looking it up! :smileyvery-happy:

*steals photo from website*

swfupload_4479934110599970440.jpg

starletta8

(0) Hearts

The pink!  The pink!

I don't need it, but it's so very cool.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

I'm glad it's not at my local Sephora, that's the only thing stopping me from running out and getting it RIGHT NOW!

Wouldn't it be awesome to do orange all over and pink on the tips for eyelash ombre?

btmod1

I also love using plum colored mascara to make my green eyes pop, and blue to make the whites of my eyes brighter!  It's fun to experiment applying it at the base of the lases or just the tips to see different results. :smileyhappy:  -Laura

drrragon

(0) Hearts

Hi Laura!  LOL all this time I thought "btmod1" was Candace!

BenzieBox

I'm a big fan of purple mascara.  I have one by Almay that's a plum color and it makes my green eyes really pop.  I didn't know about Anastasia brand so I'll check that out.  I've never been a huge fan of blue because it's always looked kind of...tacky to me.  Maybe if it's done very well it wouldn't look too bad. Like maybe if you used it as an accent on your outer lashes?

drrragon

Hi BenzieBox!  Ooh I didn't know Almay did colored mascaras!  Do you normally do a black coat first then the plum one?  I'm thinking I'd probably use a blue on the tips of my lashes after applying my normal black mascara.  I've been really into blues lately because I feel like they fit my coloring (brown eyes) better than purple.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 51 hearts
  • 19 in conversation
    • btmod1
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • ashhay
    • dianabt
    • melissabt