Bioderma

Has anyone tried Bioderma Crealine H2O Solution Micellaire to remove eye makeup? I know it is harder to get in the US but ive heard great things about it

I'm currently using the Clinique take the day off which i love BUT I use it daily so i go through it in about 2.5mons and they don't sell a size larger than a 4oz. 

And what about the Shisedio The Makeup Facial Cotton, worth the extra $?

Re: Bioderma

I've been using the Sensibio lately and I'm liking it a lot. Works well for me and I don't have sensitive skin but I decided to get that one and it's very effective on my oily skin. I am sometimes using it in the a.m. just almost like a toner just to remove any extra oil, etc and then my regular skincare. It takes off that greasy feeling and I've noticed less oily skin throughout the day since I'm skipping a regular morning cleanse. Anyway, I plan to get more if Beautylish still has some in stock. 

Oh and yes...the Shiseido cottons are worth it. I tried to save a few bucks for awhile buying cheaper brands which just don't cut the mustard, or the make up. So I'm sticking with Shiseido and I try to stock up when they're on sale. 

I feel Bioderma is very similar, in terms of performance, to other cleansing waters on the market.  I use them as a convenient first cleanse and in a similar way to makeup wipes. I do not solely rely on them to remove waterproof anything.

In fact, I pre-soak a few cotton pads with cleansing water and put them in a zip lock baggie for on the go self-made wipes. They are so convenient because no rinsing is needed and I feel refreshed without any cleanser residue left.  There are so many days were I just need to get makeup off my face when I get home but I am not ready to do a full facial cleanse yet. So, it gets me through the couple of hours between when I get home and before I step into the shower before bed.

I like your DIY makeup remover pads idea.  Do you use Bioderma or a different cleansing water?

yes I findthe  Sensibio version is very effective and  is the most economical. the large bottle (500m) also comes with a self dispensing pump (costs around 22 bucks on sale)  which is very convenient and I always have a bottle in stock ready to go.  I've splurged with many other brands over the years (Lancome, Trish McEvoy, Caudalie, etc ) but I still feel, for the reasons mentioned above, Bioderma is my staple brand. Give it a try for yourself. I think it's worth it!

I personally think it doesn't have a great removing power. It's probably not suitable to be used as a single step to remove makeup, and of course, eye makeup.

Thanks for the input. I was a bit skeptical when the girl at Beautylish I chatted with said the best way to remove eye makeup was to saturate a cotton pad and let it sit on my eye for a minute to a minute and a half. That seemed like a long time. But then she said to prepared to be "wowed". My eyes are very sensitive to makeup remover so that's why I was interested in this product.

Does your skin react badly to cleansing oils? 

I use Shu Uemura ultimate cleansing oil and it removes my makeup to perfection. 

I never have any makeup remaining when I wipe my face with a cotton pad&toner. 

(0) Hearts

I've tried Tatcha and DHC cleansing oils and love the way they remove my make up and use them on my face as a first cleanse. But yes, they unfortunately bother my eyes so I don't use them to remove that makeup. I have always had trouble with using any oil product on my eyes. Any suggestions are welcome. :smileyhappy:

In that case, cleansing waters may be the best available option for you :smileysad:

I've used cleansing water from 4 different brands, and all were virtually same to me. 

(0) Hearts

Hi all! I received an email from Beautylish to preorder Bioderma. They are offering Bioderma Sebium H2O and Bioderma Sensibio H2O. This thread talks about a Crealine H2O Solution. Are they the same thing? If not, of the three types which has worked best for you at taking off waterproof eye makeup? I'm thinking of placing an order but wanted some input about the formulas first. Thanks!

I've heard good things about the Sensibio - which is the new name for what used to be called Crealine.

(0) Hearts

Thank you for clearing that up. It was really confusing me.

(0) Hearts

I love Bioderma! I went to Paris with an empty suitcase this past summer and stocked up because they were cheap there!

(0) Hearts

Bioderma is launching on Beautylish today at 12pm EST.

(0) Hearts

I've tried it and wasn't too impressed. Since it got rave reviews I got a huge bottle (at Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada). To me, it was just ok. It didn't work very well on eye makeup (non-waterproof Chanel, Lancôme and Armani mascaras) and irritated my eyes a bit. It was just ok for removing face makeup.

I'm a big fan of cleansing oils, especially the Shu Ueumura one which takes all traces of makeup off in a snap and since the Bioderma remover didn't actually remove most of my makeup, I found I had to use it anyways, which sort of defeats the whole purpose and is just an added step.

It's not drying and is gentle but I wouldn't buy again since it's not exactly a bargain product (it was almost $40 for the large bottle) which too me isn't at all worth it as you have to use so much that more expensive products turn out to be a better deal and work much better.

I heard you now can get Bioderma from Beautylish. 

(0) Hearts

I'd love to try Bioderma. TheLuxeBabe uses it and well I've been sucked in kind of lol. But, if it doesn't remove waterproof eye makeup too well then it may not be worth the $$ for me since pretty much all my eye makeup is waterproof.

I bought the Shiseido cottons back during the 20% off sale and I've gotten hooked. I'm not buying any other cotton unless I absolutely have to. To be honest, I don't think the difference between the Shiseido and drugstore cottons is some huge, mind-blowing thing. It's just a few subtleties that ultimately make the difference - much, much softer than anything else I've used, bigger pieces which I can tear in half if I want, don't disintegrate without a lot of force put in by me, and they hold & apply product more smoothly/evenly than other cottons I've used. And no ouchy scratches on my eyes!

....and they make good padding when you order something small/fragile. lmao

But yeah. I love it enough to order some whenever I can, which is a rare thing for me. Worth the $9.50 in my book.

(0) Hearts

I guess I'm in the minority but I don't get the obsession with Bioderma.  Way back when I bought a 2 pack from Amazon and 1 whole bottle and about half of the other one have been sitting there collecting dust.  I don't find that it removes makeup any better than anything else.  Whenever I did use it I had to use multiple cotton balls soaked in the stuff to remove my eye makeup (and yes I did hold it on my eye for awhile before gently wiping away).  And incidentally my eye makeup usually consists of eyeshadow and maybe eyeliner.  I don't even wear mascara. 

guzelkiz I've had the same experience with Koh Gen Do. I feel like I need to use a ton of cotton balls to make a dent in removing my makeup. I don't use waterproof anything and usually am not wearing long-wear foundation. It feels like a big waste of money to me. I've even tried pairing it with fancy Shiseido Cottons. I'm always left with makeup residue. And forget about mascara. That said, I think the KGD Wipes work really well, but the price is too much for something disposable. I don't have sensitive skin so don't need micellar water. The idea was nice though. I'd like to try Bioderma once to see if perhaps that's the HG that everyone claims.

(0) Hearts

I'm glad it's not just me!  I don't wear waterproof either so it was confusing as to why it won't remove product completely.  I haven't tried the KGD wipes (just the cleansing water which of course I didn't like) but I do find that the KVD wipes are quite good.  Although now even if I do use a wipe (which I rarely do anymore) I wash with a cleanser before bed just to make sure everything is off.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats