kimchikween

Best matte eye shadow palette for work-to-night?

I travel frequently for work and try to minimize how much make-up I pack.  Sometimes I'll extend my trip and stay the weekend to check out the local spots.

What's your favorite mostly-matte eye shadow palette that gives options for a day-to-night look?  I already have UD Naked and Lorac Pro.  Do you have any other go-to, travel-friendly palettes?

LCResz

Re: Best matte eye shadow palette for work-to-night?

(0) Hearts

My HauteLook order finally arrived, and I am totally in love with Nude'Tude and Meet Matt(e) Nude! Although I might like the Nude'Tude palette every so slightly more because I love warm tones. Lovely color payout, very good staying power especially with primer, and easy to go from day to night by just swiping on some darker colors for a sultry look. I love how well the magnets closes everything up for esy transport and the mirrors are a great size.

michmo

I am really enjoying my Stila In The Know Palette.  It is all matte, but I find it has a good range of shades.  

Stila - In The Know Eye Shadow Palette

I really like the rust color and also the grey can make a great smokey look.  

It also comes with a Charcoal Grey Liner.  

joeanne

I just ordered the Stila palette! I should be getting it tomorrow. Can't wait. Glad to hear you like it - I'm excited to try the rust color!

kimchikween

Funny!  I just picked it up today.  Going to do try the Desert look for a different night look.  I like how it comes with a look book!

WittyW

(0) Hearts

Kat Von D's Ladybird palette is amazing. It's all matte with a nice mix of neutrals plus a deep plummy purple, a deep blue, and a rusty orange. Love, love, love this palette. It easily transitions from day to night albeit without any shimmer. 

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

Sephora's  smokey eye palette is a good one, and i also love the Lan'come 5 color  palette.

JamieDawn

(0) Hearts

Whatever you choose, don't go with the Urban Decay Naked Basics. I've been very disappointed in it. I use it, but the darker colors don't blend well at all and they have a dusty gray undertone to them.

joeanne

(0) Hearts

I agree with you on the darker colors. I never use them. I use the lighter ones but the two dark ones are a disappointment.

desertbr4t

(0) Hearts

Thebalm has  the Meet Matt palette on their website it has some nude matte colors, also the Smashbox Master Class palette 1 is awesome with matte colors if you can find it. I haven't tried Master Class 2 yet but in the photo it looks as though it has quite a few matte colors. 

desertbr4t

(0) Hearts

I meant *NICE not nude sorry

lylysa

Tarte's NeutralEyes Volume II Palette has 6 out of the 10 shadows in a matte finish and though it looks real unassuming, it's so gorgeous on! Rather than stick to classic browns and nudes, it's a mix of shell pink, fawn, lilac, and olive shades as well, allow one to play with soft shades but still keep things neutral and pretty. I was really surprised with how feminine and subtle this palette was!

swfupload_559032017358554422.jpg

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I have that palette but I don't feel trike they wear all that well.  I felt like by midday most of my shadow was gone even with a primer.  Maybe I'm more used to UD and Lorac being more pigmented.  Do you have any issues with all day wear?

joeanne

I so DO NOT need another eye shadow palette, but this one looks absolutely gorgeous. How did I possibly miss it in all my searching? I love the colors. Beautiful for Fall.

My credit card says no, but my inner diva who insists that I always feel good about myself and look good too says YES, I must have it!!!

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

I feel your pain!  But can you ever have too many eye shadow palettes.  Perhaps it's cheaper to pick and choose individual ones and build my own palette (maybe it's not..haven't done the cost benefit) but it's so convenient to have one put together for you!  I'm going to get a Fall look consultant and then put everything on my wishlist to purchase later (or sooner..eek!).

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

That does look pretty!  I have never tried Tarte eye shadows.  Are they really pigmented?  Any issues with fallout?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • joeanne
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • JamieDawn
    • LCResz
    • desertbr4t