maltipoo66

Best eyeliner for tightlining.

Hey guys!  My search of finding the best product to tighline the upper waterline is still continuing...pencil eyeliner smudges, powder eyeshadow transfers to the lower waterline, and liquid doesn't transfer, but is very tricky to apply.  I was looking into a gel eyeliner but was getting very mixed reviews.  Here are the ones I'm considering:

1. Bobbi Brown gel liner

2. Stila Smudge pot

3. Laura Mercier Cake liner (I know this would probably be everyone's first guess to try, but many reviews said it didn't last through the day...)

If you've used one of these or any product that works for you for tightlining, please feel free to share!  Thanks :smileyhappy:

keelybt

Re: Best eyeliner for tightlining.

(0) Hearts

Hi Maltipoo66 I am obsessed with the Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow.  It works really well for lining (also as a base for a smoky eye) and it STAYS!  One time I forgot I was wearing it and took a shower and when I got out it was still perfectly in place. It will still come off easily with remover. If you are doing the water line rather than into the lash line, try gently dabbing the area with a tissue before you apply product.  It will last much longer when applied to a drier area.

lylysa

Re: Best eyeliner for tightlining.

I've found as far as gels go, Smashbox's Jet Set and Studio Gear's Invincible (Ulta/Macys) has the best. The only downside about the SJS is that the smaller pot and formula dries out quicker, but it does give rich color pay off. The SGI one is very fluid and smooth to apply, comes in a bigger pot, and doesn't dry out fast like other gels.

As for pencils, I'm a huge fan of Stila's Kajal liners. The pencils are so richly pigmented and dense. Though they're not advertised as waterline/long wear liners, I've found they last even longer than pencils like MUFE Aqua Eyes and UD's 24/7 liners for the waterline.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • maltipoo66
    • lylysa