TheBronzeGodess

Best color for inner corner highlight?

(0) Hearts

Hi BT-ers!

Ok, so in your opinion...

What is the best color to use for the inner corner of the eye highlight that you u would recommend? Or are there several that can be used for different purposes? I am looking for an every day, but I wouldn't mind hearing about some special fun options as well..

t have heard MAC eyeshadow in Nylon and I heard there is an eyeshadow specifically made for this purpose in a color called ash, but I do not know who makes this. If anyone knows and has used this please let me know what you think of it, or who it is by.

I am curious to see what you will suggest, and my online carts are hungry (even though they have been constantly fed all day weekend)... so I figured I'd ask.. thanks in advance for any information you can recommend or what to avoid. :smileyhappy:

[P.S. Don't you wish Sephora sold MAC so we can get points for our presents to self  oops i mean necessities to feed our beauty addiction oops i meant... use  (wink, wink)]

mberteig

Re: Best color for inner corner highlight?

(0) Hearts

I use whatever highlighter I am using on the rest of my face.  Lately, it is Too Faced's Candlelight Duo.  I use it to highlight the cheekbones, cupid's bow, under the brow arch and in the inner corners of the eyes.  Any highlighter will work for this purpose, I think...

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Mac nylon is my favorite for the inner corner, I also use phloof and shroom

MicheleRan

(0) Hearts

My favorite is Strange from the Naked 3 palette. It's not too white or shimmery or matte, it's just perfect!

NikkiShops

(0) Hearts

I've tried all different eyeshadows (UD, MAC, Too Faced, etc) to find the right shade for my inner corner.  I could never find the right one that wasn't too bright or too dull.  Until I purchased Dazzlelight by MAC.  It's a beige-y shimmery shade with good pigmentation without being over the top sparkly or bright.  It makes my eyes look more awake, gives them a little pop, and adds just the right amount of shine.  
I agree with you on the MAC thing.  If Sephora carried MAC that would be amazing!

jenfromnyc

(0) Hearts

Has anyone tried the Tarte pencil? They make a product specifically for this that I'm dying to try and hear more about.

callmefafi

(0) Hearts

I use my Too Faced Candlelight Glow Duo highlighter for the inner corner of my eye.  Because of my skin tone I can't use anything too white, light, or sparkling.  This works best and makes my eyes look bigger and brighter.

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

I have found that one of the best colors for the inner eye that really makes your eyes "pop" are SEPHORA'S 12 hr. waterproof , Contour Pencil in #27 " Sailor Suit " it is a bright pigmented Navy Blue ( it looks awesome on your skin - the website does not do any justice for this highly pigmented,RADIENT Color ! )

I actually use this color quite a lot for the inner corners and the outer corners of my lids !!!!!!!

blushnglow

(0) Hearts

I actually use a highlighting pencil in Shell pink that is not from Sephora that gives me good control as to where I want it placed yet I can blend it down fairly easily.  A pure white pencil is a little stark for my dark eyes. Sephora does have come good options like the Jumbo waterproof 24hr liner that was mentioned that i've tried and quite like.  Stila also has a more neutral option. 

http://www.sephora.com/smudge-crayon-waterproof-eye-primer-shadow-liner-P302634?skuId=1389212

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Recently, I've been loving UD Midnight Cowgirl for this.

lovelykatya

(0) Hearts

I love using :

MAC Shroom/Rice paper/ Nylon or Naked pigment

UD - Vanilla or Sin

Again it all depends on what kind of look you are going for  and what colors you are using for the rest of you look :smileyhappy:

DiVWA

Like LariTheLoud, I use different colors based on whatever else I'm wearing.

But sometimes I just want some shimmer there--not necessarily a lighter color. I've been using The Balm's Overshadow for this. It's a glittery colored pigment that is applied on top of your shadow. Be careful applying it because it can have some fallout, and a little can go a long way.

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

I usually do the inner corner with my base color. For my skin tone. The Cream eyeshadow in the Lorac Pro Pallete is the best, but I also like UD Virgin, Stila Air (In the Know Palette). I have Naked 2 and 3 palettes and each comes with a great base coloring for me. I tend to prefer a matte as opposed to a shimmer for this, looks a bit more natural.

Sometimes I kick it up a notch with a bit more of a highlight, this will vary based on what colors I've used for eyeshadow. But one of my favorites is to use a light eyeliner, I have MAC eyeliner in white, which can be a little stark. Stila eyeliner in Angelfish is gorgeous. 

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

You can try MAC Shroom or Rice Paper! Shroom is more beige and Rice Paper is more peachy. Vanilla is also very popular for highlighting. 

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

I honestly use a different highlighting color every day, depending on the colors I've used in my eyeshadows... But if you're looking for something that is really natural, I think it would depend on your skin tone and undertones. Cooler toned beauties probably look more natural in a pale nudey pink highlight, while warmer tones probably find a golden shimmer more flattering.

vmeddy

(0) Hearts

I love the highlighting double end pencil by anastasia for the inn tear duct or highlighting the eyebrow bone. 

melissabt

(0) Hearts

I really like the SEPHORA COLLECTION Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear Waterproof for this. It also looks really pretty as a brow highlight. In person, it looks more shimmery and lighter!

http://www.sephora.com/jumbo-liner-12hr-wear-waterproof-P284507?skuId=1395011

<3 Melissa
weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

I like a more nudie color instead of a flash of bright white. A nude is more natural on myself personally. Like this one:

http://www.sephora.com/emphaseyes-inner-rim-brightener-P278605?skuId=1306729

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 18 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • lovelykatya
    • aviscardi
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • melissabt