danigareau

Best Eyeshadow Pallet for Teenager (14 years old)?

Hey guys!

So ive been wanting an easy to wear, everyday eyeshadow pallet for a while. I recently got the Benefit Easiest Nudes Ever, but ive had my eyes on the Naked 2 for a long time. I was wondering if it would look like its too much or if the nake dbaisics would be better. The price isn't a problem so I'm open to recomendations and if there are any other products you think are essential/awesome

About Me: 14 years old with moderate acne in t-zone, oily t-zone, dark brown eyes, dark brown hair, pretty light skin (NW15)

Makeup I wear daily: concealer, powder, neuteral eyeshadow, lipgloss/tinted balm/lipstick, occasionaly blush and mascara

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!

mkupgk

Re: Best Eyeshadow Pallet for Teenager (14 years old)?

(0) Hearts
Spoiler
image.jpg
Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

A great neutral palette is def the naked basics palette. Its only $27 and those are colors that can be played with to do a bolder eye or a toned down pretty neutral look. I bought the naked 2 palette when I bought the basic palette and since im sooo in love with my naked basics my naked 2 is still sitting in the box waiting to be touched.  

MadisonComplex

(0) Hearts

Definitely the Urban Decay Basics... The Naked 1 and Naked 2 both have a majority of shimmer shades, and if you only wear occasional mascara, I do not think the shimmer would look right without that holding it up. Matte eyeshadows will look best on you, and in my opinion make the oily t-zone less noticeable. Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

AmelySays

(0) Hearts

I'm turning 14 on the 22nd lol. UD eyeshadows and palettes are amazing. I would recommend getting Naked if you have warm toned skin, or Naked2 if you have cooler skin. The Naked palette is my personal favorite, as it brightens my eyes and has so many soft neutrals. Naked2 has more somewhat harsher colors, but that's my opinion. But either one is quite versatile and will essentially compliment all skin tones. Make sure to use a primer as your base though! It makes a big difference. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Either naked palette there are so many shawdows that you can wear by themselves or combine. You shouldn't have any trouble since there are so many shades. Hope this helps!

PickyPlease

(0) Hearts

I would go with either Naked palette. You'll learn with practice and tutorials but just a light wash on the browbone and a slightly darker color wash on the lid is enough for a great everyday look. I personally don't like the Basics palette, if only you get much more variety/bang for your buck in the Naked/Naked 2 (I don't count matte black as a shade because you can get that color anywhere or even just smudge eyeliner).

But the Basics matte won't look too old on you, everyday easy makeup is on the application, not the shades. So its just up to your tastes and what you want. I love how Basics look on ppl in tutorials, seems like its more contouring and if you're emphasizing your lashes or lips. 

FayeCouturexo

(0) Hearts

Try Naked 2! I have really oily eyelids and I have UDPP in Eden and it crease on me within 3 hours! I suggest you try the Nars eyelid primer! :smileyvery-happy:

danigareau

(0) Hearts

ooo but the NARS primer is sooo expensive ($30 in canada)!! I really only budgeted for naked 2 tops, but I could spring for the UDPP trial size. Dont think i could spend that much on primer

lylysa

[ Edited ]

If you're wanting matte shades the UD Naked Basics palette works well, Too Faced also has a collection of palettes that are super easy to use (they come with tutorial/look cards) and come in various shades and finishes. They have palettes that are more neutral with browns, champagne, and golds (even an all matte kit) but also offer kits for a more dramatic smokey eye or a pop of color that's still subtle and plays well with neutrals.

Since it appears you have a lot of warmer nudes and neutrals, maybe try eye enhancing soft shades like in the Naked Eye kit from TF (soft pink, charcoal, black, taupe, and even muted purples) or the Bourdoir Eyes kit. I'm also a fan of their Romantic Eye kit, which has purples, olive, and soft pink) to add a touch of subtle color to an everyday eye but still freshen up a look. Perfect for Spring/Summer!

ContentlyKayKay

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The Too Faced Naked Eye kit was my first Sephora purchase and used it til I hit pan, no regrets!! It's a very pretty easy set that you can subtly apply for a more natural look or intensify it a bit for a party look.

danigareau

I'm not sure if the mattes may look too old on me. I have Urban Decay sin and I love that, are the mattes similar in texture/pigmentation? I'lle definetly make sure to check out Too Faced next time I got to sephora!

lylysa

The texture for the UD and TF matte shadows are of pretty good quality, of course, using an eye shadow primer always helps and ensures the longer wear of product.

You can always mix mattes in with satin or shimmer finish shadows. My personal vote is for a palette that has a different color range just to change up and give some variety. You don't have to stick with using the shades solely in the TF kits to create a look. You can always mix and match colors in palettes to create your own custom look!

The texture of the TF shadows are very nice too!

danigareau

Thanks! I'll think of picking up a primer when I'm there. Any recomendations? I've tried UDPP and liked it, but is there anything better?

PickyPlease

I second looking at the Too Faced palettes, they're so pretty! Though there's sometimes one or two chalky shades in a palette. So check them out or look at blog reviews. 

And completely second all of lylysa's description on the UD, TF, and Lorac primers. Though I'm a huge UDPP fan.

lylysa

I'm a personal fan of the UDPP (I use it in Sin, super great for lazy days where I don't want shadow but still can get a hint of color and use it like a cream shadow), but if you're looking for one that's even thinner, the TF one is nice. If you want something a touch thicker, Lorac's Behind the Scenes works well.

The UDPPs are a good place to start since they have a variety of colors/finishes.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • FayeCouturexo
    • ContentlyKayKay
    • Daniela1387
    • mkupgk