AndreitaH

Best Eye Primer

Hi I want to start using an eye primer. I was looking at Urban Decay primer potion or Bare Minerals prime time eyelid primer. Which one of these would you guys recommend? If not these which one? Thanks

StraightRhodes

Re: Best Eye Primer

(0) Hearts

There is a product by essence called I Love Stage, it's under 4 dollars at Ulta. It's a pretty great primer. For more upscale brands I really like the Tarte primer.

connieconcon

(0) Hearts

Another thing to consider is cost.  I think Urban Decay is more cost effective than Bare Minerals.  They both work on my eye lids, but UD comes in a larger size and is only a few dollars more expensive, so I've been using UD.

AndreitaH

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. Would MAC prep + prime eye be a good one too?

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I have tried both the Urban Decay Primer Potion and the Bare Minerals Prime Time and Urband Decays is by far the better of the 2.  I have hooded, oily lids and when I do not wear eye primer, my shadow creases after about 30 mins. Using bare minerals prime time i have bad creasing after a couple of hours.  Using Urban Decays Primer potion, my eyeshadow stays in place all day with no creasing at all.

If you are close to a Sephora, I would get a sample of Urban Decays Primer Potion, Too Faced Shadow Insurance and NARS Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base.

beautylovingirl

I think the choice is the Urban Decay Eye Potion would be a really good one or Lorac's Behind the Scenes eye primer is also a good one. Hope this helps!

deedjw

Honestly the best eye primer I have ever used is by Milani.  It is $6.99 for a tube & keeps my eye makeup in place for my 10 hour work day.  You can get it at Walgreens & it comes in a silver tube.  I have tried other eye primers & this is the one I keep buying.  Sorry Sephora!  I love my fancy makeup, but the Milani eye primer is one of the only beauty items I get at a drug store.

poemelyric

My lids are really oily so I tend to use my Nars primer more than my UD...  It's colorless too and not heavy at all.

starletta8

NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base: http://www.sephora.com/smudge-proof-eyeshadow-base-P261211?skuId=1236843

I can wear even the most sheer eyeshadow and have they don't budge with this.

bananachoox3

I like the UD PP but I've been reaching for my Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer more often. Like mxcx mentioned, if you have oily lids then her recommends are on point!

crayzeeRN

My personal favorites are Benefit Stay Don't Stray and Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue. The Glitter Glue is amazing if you use shadows that have sparkle or glitter in them.

mxcx

It depends on what kind of lids you have. If you have oily lids, I've heard really good things about Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Nars. If you have normal lids, I agree with ellevee09 that Urban Decay's Original Primer Potion would be a good one to try out.

ellevee09

Hi! :smileyhappy: some of my top primers that I use are primer potions by urban decay. The original and Eden I use often. Also, I use NYX "milk" when I want my eyeshadow to really pop it's color. It's a really good base for those bright colors. I also use MAC paint pots in painterly and soft ochre. Hope this helps Hun! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 12 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • poemelyric
    • crayzeeRN
    • beautylovingirl
    • StraightRhodes
    • ellevee09