danigareau

Best Eye Primer?

(0) Hearts

I've been debating between too faced and urban decay and I was wonering which one is better. I have somewhat oily lids and am planning on buying Naked2 once chic week stats for BI's. I want one that will help prevent fallout and keep stuff looking vibrant without creasing. I don't really wnat to spend more than $24 CAD on a primer so please dont suggest extremely expensive primers

I appriciate the help!!

valentinamia

Re: Best Eye Primer?

[ Edited ]

Hands down the best eyelid primers that I have encountered are from MAC.  Their Paints and the Painterly Pots are AMAZING!!! And I, like you, suffer from oily eyelids, as well... Happy hunting!

MadisonComplex

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Take my opinion with a grain of salt.
But HONESTLY I believe Elf's primer is such a great alternative to Urban Decay's. I mean, not unless you wanted one of the ones from the Sin collection with shimmer, but the basic potion can easily be swapped out for Elf's mineral primer in Sheer at only $3. I've tried many primers and really cannot tell much of a difference between these two.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

For somewhat oily Lids, I would suggest Lorac's Behind the Scenes. It's colorless like the original TF and UD primers, but it's a touch more thick and not as thin or oily feeling. The TF one is the thinnest of them all, very fluid like and enriched with vitamin E, which is nice, but for lids that are already oily, it might just add to the sensation. The UD one on oily lids can be hit or miss, I prefer using their Eden version for oily lids as the matte finish helps to absorb and control some shine/oil. The Lorac one's texture really helps grab hold of more glittery shadows, so there's less fall out on shades with bigger or bolder pieces of glitter and shimmer.

danigareau

Can sephora make samples of eye primers? When I go to pick up Naked2 i would like to try the lorac and udpp to compare and then go back for whichever is better. Do all sephoa's carry Lorac?

lylysa

All the Sephora's I've been to carry Lorac, but to be sure, either check the item availability in store or just call into your local/closest Sephora just to double check. They sure can make samples!  I find both primers to be superb, I own both and currently use the UD one in Sin and have the Lorac one in my client make up kit.

Extra fun tip with colorless primers, mix in loose pigments to create cream shadows or liners that lock down and stay in place! :smileyvery-happy:

danigareau

(0) Hearts

NOOO THE LORAC ISN'T AT MY SEPHORA AND ITS $30!!!!

danigareau

ooh thats a great idea! I'm going to call sephora just to double check!\

lylysa

(0) Hearts

You can always browse online at other retailers and see if you can find it on sites like Amazon or even eBay, even if you get your hands on the UD one it's a good product so it's a fair place to start!

danigareau

(0) Hearts

Can't buy online because chic week is only in store in canada and I am not paying full price....guess ille just try udpp

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • valentinamia
    • MadisonComplex
    • danigareau