DesertRose0706

Benefit Brow Bar

I desperately need to get my eyebrows professionally waxed/shaped and I have heard great things about Benefit's Brow Bar. Has anybody had their eyebrows done there? If so, what did you think?
annonymous1

Re: Benefit Brow Bar

I got my eyebrows done there and now it is a go- to place! its a little expensive but the lady actually shaped them for me and added an arch and everything she taught me how to draw them and make them look darker it was really helpful and obviously i left with the brow zings and a high brow product. *the week of your birthday you get free service in most places* you just have to call and let them know. 

hope this helps! 

AlwaysGlamorous

I have gone to three different Benefit Brow Bars in three different cities on multiple occasions --and all of my experiences have been positive. I currently go to the Benefit Brow Bar in my local Macys and I love it! I felt like the technician never rushes me, takes time to do a consult and always applies a couple of products post-wax so I can shop afterwards without too much redness (love that thoughtfulness). I recommend taking a look at Yelp reviews to help determine which specific location or technician you choose. Best of (brow) luck! 

Daniela1387

I tried finding a brow bar in my area in jersey and there arent any which totally suck becuz I'm so curious to try them out

DTalksAll

Did you try looking at Ulta? Some locations have a benfit brow bar. 

Daniela1387

I called the Ulta in my area and they told me that none of the ultas in jersey have brow bars which made me uber sad

incinci

My daughter had the worst caterpillar brows and I could never get them shaped correctly, so I thought I would take her to the Benefit Brow bar in an Ulta.  Wow--they did such a good job on her (she's 16, btw).  They gave her a very nice shape with a decent arch and I have since been able to maintain it myself since the initial waxing.   I would probably go back at least twice a year to "reshape".  My daughter also liked the fact that they used the Fake-Up concealer to hide the red patches after waxing.

onomotopoeia9

I also find that they shape it in a way that is easy to maintain! They cost double the amount that my old place charged, but they last me 3 times longer, so I end up saving.

lylysa

[ Edited ]

I've had good results, but I've also been to stores were I've seen mixed techniques.

Benefit trains their Arch Experts to do a consultation first or what's called a Brow Mapping, they use the Brow Zings kit and High Brow pencil to mark where the beginning, arch, and end of a brow is suppose to be according to your facial structure and they they block off what's to be removed with the HB pencil so you get a clear visual over what will remain. From there you can let them know any adjustments or tweeks you like. They use a soft wax that's removed with strips compared to a hard wax and they have soothing gel to apply after to calm redness. They tweeze if needed to pick up smaller hairs or strays the wax have missed. Sometimes they even have specials where you get a free mini gift when you do a service there!

It's really great to get your brows kicked off in a shape you want and from there you can maintain them on your own if you have the time.

DTalksAll

Do they tweeze/thread too, or only wax? I use retinol and can't get my eyebrows waxed 

lylysa

They can solely tweeze if needed, they don't do threading.

Before you get waxed, the Arch Experts give you a form to sign stating that you're well aware of services and how if you're on retinol of accutane that you should make that aware.

onomotopoeia9

I've been using them for almost a year, and so far only positive experiences! They are very thorough, so it is not super quick, but I appreciate the perfectionist results I get.

And like kalex mentioned, its nice the way they cover up afterwards so everyone who sees you doesn't have to know that you just got a waxing.

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

just as a follow up, I went to wax my eyebrows and they had an offer of a free waxing with the purchase of two products...So obviously i was a sucker for that. The thing was, because of the promotion, they had an additional "free-lancer" working for them. She did a terrible job on me, and only after that, the girl who helped me with my products said "yea, she's been doing a terrible job--already someone stormed out without paying"

I was not impressed to say the least...

Conclusion: Stick to the regulars and you'll be fine. But there's always a catch to free stuff...

OhSoJaded

I was a sucker and bought stuff today! I figured I'd already be spending money on the wax, might as well "get something" for it. 

Luckily, I had an appointment with my regular girl, so all looks good! I even changed my appointment once I received the postcard, since I was scheduled for two days before the promo started. 

arielaaaaaaaa

Just like every place you will go, There are some Brow Techs who are good and some who are bad. I would say to go try it out, only you will know if it works for you. Some people have had great experiences, some bad, so it's up to you to decide if it is something you want to try.

buzzbee3

(0) Hearts

I've gone once before, I wasn't too thrilled tho. I have very bushy brows and they waxed them pencil thin. My face looked so weird! I would just let them know before hand how you want them to look (how thick/thin you want them) I wish I had let the woman know that I didn't want the average barely there, over arched brows :smileysad:

kalex

I've had my brows done there twice and plan to go back again.  The first lady I had took forever but she did a good job.  The next time I must've gotten someone with more experience because I was in and out of the chair in like 5 minutes.   I also like that they'll use Benefit makeup to cover up the redness so you can go about your day!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • annonymous1
    • lylysa
    • onomotopoeia9