ry22

BM Ready 8.0 Power Neutrals vs. KVD Monarch vs. KVD Chrysalis

(0) Hearts

upload_1986921095728609839.jpgupload_896909279890267587.jpgupload_769651671139086923.jpg

I want to get one of these during the August 3rd event, but I need to get some advice.

I have medium brunette hair, blue eyes, and light to medium skin with neutral undertones.

I have some other palettes (TF Chocolate Bar, Lorac Pro 1/2, Naked 1/2/3, UD Electric, and UD Smoked) and I would like something different than the palettes I have but complementary (if that makes sense) to them.

If anyone has tried any of these and have any opinions, pros, cons, ect. on them I would love to hear :smileyhappy: Thanks in advanced!

IRISHQUEEN

Re: BM Ready 8.0 Power Neutrals vs. KVD Monarch vs. KVD Chrysalis

I have a question a/b the UD Naked Pallet (the smaller one). How does the coloring, texture, and so on compare to the 2/3 lighter shades in the TF Matte Pallet? I felt it went on dry & hard to blend (etc.) and didn't much care for them (like how the darker shades apply though). Been looking at it but don't know if I should purchase it or not. It looks nice and nice on everyone who post pic's wearing it, but I like easy  (easy to apply and so on). 

Thanks in advance for any tip's & advice!

* Also, if anyone has a link where the colors are swatched I would greatly appreciate that as well! *

Thanks again!

KitKat2383

I have all three of the palettes and love them all.  If I had to choose between the KVD or BM, I would choose the KVD.  The KVD have more product and variety.  They are all great choices though. 

andreabonder

I have both Monarch and Chrysalis 

& I love both of them but I've been using chrysalis non stop. 

Here are some looks;

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpgMONARCH

image.jpg

image.jpg

Seriously though, if you get a chance to get both KVD palettes... DO IT. But personally my favourite of the two is Chrysalis. The pros of both pallets; the amount of product, quality, & versatility. I don't have the BM palette but the colour spectrum is gorg & I love palettes that have secure closure, so that's a bonus. 

Hope this helped ! 

StephaniLynn

(0) Hearts

What lip stick are you wearing in your first 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and last set of pictures? Those are absolutely gorgeous!

andreabonder

(0) Hearts

1st cyber by MAC 

2nd lolita by KVD 

3rd Lolita once again 

last - liquid lipstick by KVD in Vampira :smileyhappy: 

FireSpinner

Yup, definately getting KVD's Vampira now after seeing that pic! Love that colour.

LindaBS

Love the Vampira too! Looks stunning with your skintone.

clove760

(0) Hearts

I have been debating both the KvD palettes for two months now! BUT MUFE just released a new palette that is a cross between the two. I've heard good things about MUFE eyeshadows so this might be a option for you :smileyhappy: Buy the BM and the MUFE...Or just buy all the palettes!! 

http://www.sephora.com/artist-palette-P388223?skuId=1622885

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

That's so beautiful! Are the ones that look really shimmery actually that sparkly? Lots of shimmer doesn't serve me well. Deep sigh.

clove760

(0) Hearts

I don't think anyone has gotten their hands on it yet for swatches so hopefully before the 3rd we will find out! I hope its as pigmented as KvD's  *fingers crossed* 

I want to assume the very shimmery ones with be shimmery and buttery and not create fall out :smileysad: 

vchotia

(0) Hearts

I want to cut this in half and just buy the right side :smileyvery-happy: I do love MUFE shadows though so I might have to break down and buy this one.

Spoiler

clove760

(0) Hearts

I have only swatched them in stores so I think this might be my first. I like my NK3 so I like the pinks a lot! but the brown and gold is blah...every palette has them now :smileysad: 

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

I love the texture, color payoff, and staying power of KVD shadows. Between the two, if I were you, I'd go for the Chrysalis only because the Monarch looks like a lot of it would be close to the Naked palettes you already have. Either way you can't go wrong, though.

vchotia

(0) Hearts

I love the Monarch palette. It's one of my faves, and I have dozens of palettes! It's different enough to other neutral palettes to justify owning both, but if you are looking for something different, I would go with Chrysalis. As long as you wear those colors, of course. The quality is probably just as good as Monarch.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • ry22
    • vchotia
    • FireSpinner
    • clove760
    • IRISHQUEEN
    • andreabonder