melisa16

Another eyeshadow palette

[ Edited ]

We apparently can't get enough neutral eyeshadow palettes. The newest offering is from NARS.upload_7672138763846731346.jpegImage from spektra
Thanks to missrmessner for finding what shades are included:
- All About Eve I: a flesh-toned neutral.
- Madrague II: a matte caramel.
- Fez: a velvety cocoa.
- Bali: a neutral.
- Coconut Grove: a deep brown infused with reflections.
- Madrague I: a matte cream.
- Nepal: a soft, sheer rose.
- Ashes to Ashes: a shimmery violet-based brown.
- Brousse II: a black violet.
- Mekon: an espresso infused with gold.
- Bellissima I: a shimmering beige with subtle glitter.
- Lhasa: a lavender grey.
- Bad Behavior: a deep pewter.
- Dogon II: a charcoal black.
- Pandora II: a matte black.
January 20th release

shortstuff07

Re: Another eyeshadow palette

(0) Hearts

Temptalia has swatches on her website!

So, so torn.

carrieloulou

(0) Hearts

Well, those swatches do not do anything for me.  Maybe it's her lighting.  

Loricaaa

11.jpg

Another pic I found on tumblr.

I'm really torn because I always wanted to try NARS shadows but I'm wondering is there going to be huge quality difference between the singles & palette... I know some brands have that issue. Also, how tiny are are the eyeshadows going to be? Not to mention I just splurged on a couple of Burberry singles. #firstworldproblems

NurseCupcake

(0) Hearts

I feel the same way! I got the And God created the Woman palette from Nars and was pretty disappointed in the size of those shadows. I felt like for it being such a small palette with only 6 shadows they could have been a bit bigger. I just ordered the Too Faced Chocolate Palette the other day. I'm basically a sucker for packaging! 

princesskat17

(0) Hearts

I am in the same boat! I loooove NARS products but actually don't have any of their eyeshadows. I'd much rather have a palette like this than spend 24 bucks or whatever and just have one eyeshadow. And I just bought Naked 3... Sigh, 80 bucks is a lot. I really hope I can control myself.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

It's quite beautiful. :smileyhappy: UGHHH but I don't need it....

katief241981

(0) Hearts

OK, so while I am irritated with Orgasm being included with all of their palettes, I actually am digging the cheek palette because it is so convenient to have your highlighter, blush, and bronzer in one.  Plus a brush? I'll wait to see the price but I may say yes to this one as well. 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I would totally get it if it were a different blush. I rather have an extra laguna since its something i use quite often. especially since the highlighter intrigues me. but now i have orgasm in the foreplay palette and the guy bourdin

missrmessner

I read about it on a British blog and it was listed at 35 pounds ($57). However, it also listed the eyeshadow palette at 55 pounds ($90). When I called Nordstrom she confirmed that the eyeshadow palette will be $79, so idk how much they markup the British products. 

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

Pretty! Some of the colors look similar to Lorac PRO pallet. I wonder if there are close dupes between the two (or w/ others). I'm sticking with my delay-buy and holding off on this one since I have so many great neutral pallets already.

missrmessner

Update: I just called my Nordstrom and they said that it will be released on February 2nd. I was able to pre-order one and they will send it out to me on the 2nd, but she said they will send it out earlier if they receive them before the 2nd. 

They will also be releasing a NARScissist cheek palette (with brush) at the same time. I'm unsure of the price, but the colors are a LE highlighter, Orgasm & Laguna (surprise, surprise). 

NARS-Narsissists-Cheek-Palette-email-version.jpg

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

I posted about the price in another thread: 

I just wanted to point out that those are .08 ounce pans - the size of the "mini" Orgasm/Laguna duo is .17 ounces (I'm assuming combined, so roughly 8.5 each) and the regular Orgasm/Laguna duo is .35 ounces (I'm still assuming combined, so that's roughly .175 ounces each) and a full-size NARS bronzer is .28 ounces. This set comes with the brush but it's noted as a "travel size" brush - for a size reference, I'm guessing.

Given than that mini duo (same size pans, I'm guessing) is $24 and a regular blush (the highlighter shade is LE but I'm going to guess you can find something close) at full size is $29 at twice the size, I'm not entirely certain that $49 for this is a good deal unless you really want that travel brush or the portability of he small palette.

Some product links with sizes and prices:
http://www.sephora.com/the-narsissist-cheek-kit-P384866?skuId=1577501

http://www.sephora.com/blush-bronzer-duo-P104006?skuId=832642

http://www.sephora.com/blush-P2855?skuId=248930

http://www.sephora.com/bronzing-powder-P12790?skuId=537878

Now I'm curious about the shadow pans and prices in comparison to duos and singles.

friedrice

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

NARS-Narsissists-Cheek-Palette-email-version.jpg

Just want to let you guys know that this is available at Sephora website now! YaY!

here's the link:

http://www.sephora.com/the-narsissist-cheek-kit-P384866?skuId=1577501

lb1414

(0) Hearts

Temptalia just posted that this cheek palette will be a Sephora exculsive for $49 and will be available February 1st.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Tempting. Except I rarely wear bronzer. Maybe I'll have to start? But then again, I promised myself the next NARS blush I bought wouldn't be another Orgasm because I have a mini, a fullsized and a broken one I made into a loose powder. Excess much?

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

Once I find out the price, I might really want this! Why does it look so pretty and tempting! Plus a pint tone highlighter is amazing, especially since I have a hard time with a lot being to dark and peach/yellow for me! Hope its not that expensive though!

jenjendoitagain

(0) Hearts

Getting that cheek palette! Yes! Can't wait!

beethousand

FYI, the highlighter in this is Devotee, the same as the one in the Guy Bourdin palette.

melisa16

Here are some swatches I found: credit to makeup_blogette
upload_3411946464058581785.jpeg

carolang

(0) Hearts

I wonder what the quality is. I had one of those palettes with the blush, bronzer, and the 4 shadows and I was not impressed. I hear the singles are pretty good but this quad was terrible. Definitely gave it to a friend!

saturnwings

(0) Hearts

I am loving the neutral trend.  It means I can pass up a pretty palette without feeling like I'm missing out.

I do like the colours, though.  It's a beautiful set with a good mix of colours.  I'll definitely be swatching in stores if I find it.  Who knows?  Perhaps NARS will be the one to sway me to buy into the neutral trend.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 105 replies
  • 123 hearts
  • 54 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • lb1414
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva
    • melisa16