cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Anastasia Modern Renaissance Help

Hi!

So I finally purchased a modern renaissance palette after seeing the 4.8 star reviews and the very pretty swatches!

However..... I can't seem to get a nice look on me without looking like I bruised my eye!  I usually use either the UD naked 3 palette or TooFaced Peach Palette..

I've also tried youtubing for looks but none of them see workable.

If you have any tips on what colors to put wherever on the eye, please let me know! I don't want to have to return the palette! The colors are soooo pretty!

Preferably I'd like less intense looks, more of a subtle look

(I have fair color skin, dark brown eyes, asian so no crease but big eyes, )

Thanks!

Re: Anastasia Modern Renaissance Help

I second @Insomniacmuffin's advice below, to keep the hand very light and apply very gradually to build color.  These shadows in particular are highly pigmented and ultra-soft, so a little often goes quite a long way.

I love this palette!  The best success I've had has been to designate part of the lid to a very light color.  (If you're keeping to the palette alone, this is probably Tempera, Vermeer, or maybe Primavera.)  I've done this either with a cut lid for something more geometric, but I've also done this for softer looks.

One of my favorite eyeshadow shapes for this palette is the "petal" application.  After applying primer and a generous layer of your favorite skin-toned matte shadow over the lid, apply a soft layer of either Vermeer or Primavera (depending on cool/pink or warm/golden overall look) from the inner corner sweeping outward over the lid.  Choose the color of your petal.  Begin about halfway across the lid.  Using a wide shadow brush dab the petal color up and out to create a soft oval of color.  Choose a deeper complementary color.  Concentrating on the outer corner, create a little depth and blend into the petal color.  (I've included a photo of the desired shape, though the colors aren't from this palette.  The second is from the Modern Renaissance palette, though I brought Primavera way too far up the brow.  Ignore that.)

DSC02892.jpg

DSC02032.jpg

oo! that's actually a very nice look! i'll give it a try. Thanks for the help!

hi @yayurbandecay

I have this palette, and fair coloring, and had this same problem.. 

so what worked for me was IGNORING the youtube gurus apply big splotches of color and then blending it out to perfection.

instead - keep your brush very light and barely touch the color so that you can build the color up gradually. this will give you much more control and stop it from turning into a 'black-eye' of smudges in the end. 

hope that helps 😄

thank you thank you! I'll give it a try!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
  • DSC02032.jpg
  • DSC02892.jpg
testing