kissXmakeup

A little birthday pampering..

Hello Ladies & Gents! 

Today is my 22nd birthday! I am so happy and excited and have been looking at lots of makeup lately. I am most interested in eyeshadow palettes and would like to know which ones you own/are your favorites. I prefer neutral tones, but am looking to add some purples, taupes and possibly blacks to my collection! I will list which ones I currently own below so you know what I have:

-Kat Von D True Romance Palette in Saint

-Lorac Mint Edition Palette from Ulta

-Lorac Glogetter Palette

-Tarte Romancing the Glow Amazonian Eye & Cheek Palette

-Aqualilies for Tarte Eye & Cheek Palette

I would love to hear any advice or insight you may have! I am looking forward to my birthday Sephora purchase <3

poshified

Re: A little birthday pampering..

(0) Hearts

Happy belated birthday!!! :smileyhappy:

Here's an oldie but a goodie of a palette...

swfupload_8542072352636976326.jpg

nebel

Happiest of happy birthdays!

beautylovingirl

Happy B'Day I hope you have an awesome day!

er177

Happy Birthday! I absolutely LOVE the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette! I think it is so versatile, it has neutrals, a black and goes with everthing! 

Londonlover101

have you gotten your free Sephora birthday gift yet? Happy birthday!

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I have been to the store, but I think I would like to wait to make an online purchase instead! So I will be adding it to my online order (: I can't wait! I love the mascara.

kalex

Happy Birthday!  

I second the suggestion for the Too Faced Boudoir and Naked Palettes!

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I ended up buying the Boudoir palette and I am in love! I can't believe I didn't get this sooner. It is my favorite palette right now, thanks for the suggestion!

lylysa

I would suggest the Lorac Pro Palette!

It's a good mix of sophisticated neutrals, but also deep smokey colors that make it easy to add drama to any look!

It also comes with their awesome eye shadow primer!

swfupload_854492499497503260.jpg

Too Faced also has some killer eye palettes that make it easy to pair and coordinate shades!

Their Boudoir palette makes sultry, feminine eyes an ease:

swfupload_3548257617609325211.jpg

Their Naked palette pairs simplistic eye brightening neutrals with great contour colors to give smooth definition to lids:

swfupload_45933298810541449.jpg

The Pretty Rebel palette is brand new and has fun, bold colors that can perk up any neutral look or collection:

swfupload_5423281574715715051.jpg

The TF kits also come with tutorial/look cards as well!

kissXmakeup

I am in love with the Boudoir Eyes Palette from Too Faced! I had been wanting that for a while & I am definitely going to purchase it now! Thanks (:

lylysa

It's such a feminine way to jazz up eyes without the bulk of relying solely on dark/dramatic colors! It's great to enhance your eye shape and play with a touch of color!

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I agree! It has so many beautiful shades and I love the names of the shades. I'm a sucker for packaging too. 

bmpnyc

I would recommend the Urban Decay palettes too!! The Naked Basics palette has pretty neutrals, and I have the Smoked palette that I would recommend as well.  As far as taupes go, the Naked 2 is definitely my fav.

Happy Bday too!

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I am looking at Naked 2 quite a bit now :smileytongue: Although I don't own them, I have noticed I look more at the Naked 2 than the original. Like you said, I do love the taupes!

DeltaGammaGirl

Happy Birthday!!!! I definitely recommend you getting the Naked 2 palette! It is AH-MAZING and has great colors and is long wearing. It glides on smooth and has great neutrals, but also some fun colors thrown in there! It is perfect for day to night looks as well! It has the perfect combination of matte and shimmer shadows. Naked 1 is also great, but Naked 2 is my all time favorite.

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the birthday wishes (: I love your recommendation, I do think I want to get palettes that may be limited edition before I buy that. & since it is a little pricier, but way worth it, I'll save it for my Christmas list or anniversary!

LCResz

Happy B-Day! I like the Urban Decay palettes, they are all fun and have great color payoff. If you're more budget conscience then I recommend Pacifica's Enlighten palette, available at Target, great everyday look.

P.S. LORAC will be featured tomorrow on HauteLook so check it out and see if anything strikes your fancy at a discount!

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

Thank you (: I totally forgot about Lorac being on Hautelook, thanks for the reminder! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 16 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • kalex
    • poshified
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • nebel
    • LCResz