Answer
breezewaygirl
what mascara does the best job to make lashes look the longest?? I have tried so many!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
ry22
Answered

Dear breezewaygirl,

I have insanely short lashes too. I have two tips for long lashes:

1. Replace your mascara as soon as you notice that it's not doing as good of a job as it did when it was brand new. Dry mascara will just weigh down your lashes.

2. Wiggle your wand back and forth a couple of times at the roots, then blink while bringing the wand upward.

If you are in the market for new mascara, I love the look of Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes! It volumizes as well as legthens, for an overall gorgeous look.

P111902_hero.jpg

brookie673
Answered

If you want longer lashes, start by curling your lashes with an eyelash curler. I use ELF's (Eyes Lips Face), so I can't recommend you a Sephora one :smileysad: However, I can recommend some really good mascaras from this place! :smileyvery-happy:

I bought the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lash for $30, which includes 6 deluxe sample-size mascaras, all of which are best sellers at Sephora. They all actually did a phenomenal job of lengthening! Here is a mini-review of each one, as well as links ( the links are the first words, the name of the mascara lol! not the title tho!)

BUXOM LASH

Buxom Buxom Lash Mascara is my all-time favorite mascara! It adds a ton of volume with its ginormous brush, but it also does a great job with lengthening. Five stars and two thumbs up, this mascara is the bomb :smileyhappy:

Note that it is a volumizing mascara, so if you have thin/sparse lashes it will work better than a mascara with a "wet" formula.

FLAWLESS DEFINITON

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals® Flawless Definition Mascara is a great mascara for getting and defining every lash. There is virtually no clumping and the thin, dense bristles and long wand help to add a ton of length.

TARTE LIGHTS, CAMERA, LASHES!

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! is a great mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, and conditions. It contains waxes, which help not only to lengthen but to hold up thin lashes and keep them from drooping. It, just like the others, can create either natural long lashes or dramatice, flared, false-lash type effects.

SMASHBOX LASH DNA

This mascara is no longer sold full size by itself, only with the Give Me Some Lash set! :smileysad: It had a unique brush and worked great for creating dramatic lashes, but the formula may have been too "wet" for thin lashes, as it took a while to dry. Thin lashes may have been droopy with it. Thick lashes however would be just fine with this mascara.

MUFE AQUA SMOKY LASH

MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Smoky Lash was the only waterproof mascara in the set. It has a very dense brush that covers each lash completely. It is a volumizing formula with waxes also so yet again it will be fine for thin lashes. It adds quite a bit of length and is very waterproof.

CLINIQUE HIGH IMPACT MASCARA

Clinique High Impact Mascara is also a volumizing formula with waxes, so it's just fine for any lashes of course. It needs to be wiped off a little before using as the brush collects way too much formula, but once you do it works just fine and adds much length and volume as promised.

ALL of these mascaras are under $20 excluding the Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash which is $22. I highly recommend each and every one of them, and I recommend even more that you get the sampler set for $30 as you may find yourself using a different one every day and being just as happy, like I am :smileyhappy: I really hope this helped you out, if you have any questions feel free to PM me :smileyhappy:

prosarab
Answered

Hi Breezewaygirl,

There is nothing like a good mascara that can lengthen your lashes:smileyhappy:. Here are a few I recommend.

Best,

Sara B

Sephora Pro Artist

Long Lash Mascara
Mascara   see_all

Long Lash Mascara, $24

Phenomen'Eyes Mascara $29.50
This unique mascara perfectly curls and separates with a spherical brush at the tip that coats every lash no matter what your eye shape. Perfect for short, sparse lashes that need extra precision and lash-boosting power.
melissabt
Answered

Hi Breesewaygirl,

It looks like your have some helpful recommendation for mascaras that will make you lashes look the longest! I just wanted to add my suggestions too.:smileyhappy:

Dior Diorshow Iconic

DiorShow Iconic Mascara

Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara

Long Lash Mascara

Too Faced Lashgasm

Lashgasm Mascara

<3 Melissa
makeuplover9339
Answered

Um, totes the one that Urban Decay made. love themmmm, so cuteeeeee :smileyhappy: totes the most gorge mascara ive ever used haha :smileyhappy:))))

dresstodazzlexo
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hey! :smileyhappy:

I really love using Diorshow mascara!! You can amp up any mascara you already own by using a primer underneath, or using a lash curler. Also, to get your lashes to their fullest potential, put a business card at the base of your lashes, covering your eyelid, and apply mascara. This will allow you to really work with the lashes without worrying about the brush hitting your eyelid & making a mess because it creates a barrier!

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • brookie673
    • makeuplover9339
    • prosarab
    • melissabt
    • ry22
    • breezewaygirl
    • dresstodazzlexo