Answer
luziep
Accepted Solution
smokey eye

ive watched a ton of video tutorials on how to get a perfect smokey eye but when i try it on my eyes, it never seems right. how can i get a great looking smokey eye that isnt difficult?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
tenngal
Answered

For a classic gray / black smoky eye, just do the following (it's kind of hard to explain in words, but I'll try):

• Use a medium-size round brush to apply powder in an arch shape just above the crease of the lid.  Then blend down to the lash line.
  • Trace the upper lash line with a soft black pencil, then gently smudge with your fingertip.
  • With a smaller, firm-bristle brush, press a gunmetal shade into the lower lash line.
  • Apply a pale silver powder to the inner corners of the eyes to lighten the overall effect.
  • Pile on mascara and you're done.

However, you don't have to do a gray smoky eye all the time—you can substitute purples, etc., for the gray.  But there are tons of ways to do eye makeup and you can find some online tutorials that are helpful.  Sephora's Beauty Talk home page has some great “get-the-look” video tutorials and YouTube has a bunch of different looks, too.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 10 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • oliviabt
    • tenngal
    • corrin99
    • jennywawa88
    • allegrissima
    • luziep
    • missalysss