Answer
luziep
Accepted Solution
smokey eye

ive watched a ton of video tutorials on how to get a perfect smokey eye but when i try it on my eyes, it never seems right. how can i get a great looking smokey eye that isnt difficult?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
oliviabt
Answered

Try these easy steps to achieve a sultry, smokey eye. :smileyhappy:

What you will need: (*These are my personal recommendations, but feel free to substitute with similar products if you prefer)

- Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer in Smoky

- Sephora Collection Smokey Eye Brush Set (comes with wide smudge, all-over shadow, small domed smudge, detail, brow brush & comb, mascara)

- Sephora Collection Waterproof Smoky Cream Liner in Must Have (matte black), or other color

- Benefit Cosmetics Velvet Eyeshadow in Where’s the Smoke (smoky pewter), or other color

- Make Up For Ever Star Powder in Pearl Gold 902

Step 1 - Prime entire eye lid.

Step 2 - Apply Cream Eyeliner to upper and lower lashline using liner brush. Don't be afraid to apply a think line on the upper lashline, and make it messy.

Step 3 - Use finger of smudge brush to smudge cream out and up, apply a touch more to the outer corners and smudge.

Step 4 - Use all over shadow brush to apply pewter shadow to the entire lid. Blend into crease with domed brush. Apply more black liner to the lashline and outer corners as needed.

Step 5 - Apply a touch of shimmering Star Powder in inner corners of eyes and brow bone.

Step 6 - Finish by combing brows, curling lashes, and applying dark black mascara.

It can take some practice to get the right shape and look. My advice is to begin with lighter layers and build up to your desired intensity, and keep waterproof makeup remover handy! Hope that helps!

XO,
Olivia
Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 10 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • oliviabt
    • tenngal
    • corrin99
    • jennywawa88
    • allegrissima
    • luziep