Answer
maltipoo66
new waterproof mascara

I would like to get a new waterproof mascara-I've been using Bare Escentuals's flawless definition waterproof mascara, but it dried out in the tube much quicker than I would have liked.  It was definitely waterproof though!  I need something really waterproof and sweatproof-I exercise A LOT and need something that won't run and smudge under my eyes.  If possible, I would like a mascara as close to $20 as possible-so I was thinking maybe Tarte Lights Camera Splashes Waterproof Mascara or Urban Decay's Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara?  Any other suggestions are really appreciated!  Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
artemisgem
Answered

I'm very outdoorsy and love to swim during the summer. I've tried all the waterproof mascaras you named, and the one mascara that has worked really well for me and have never let me down at the beach/pool/water park is:

Tarte "Lights Camera Splashes! Waterproof Mascara" (Sephora Product Page) This mascara is the best, in my opinion, because it gives me the increase in volume that I want everyday but still survives swimming. This one also conditions lashes and is not nearly as drying and hard on my lashes as so many other waterproof mascaras are. This mascara does a great job of volumizing my lashes, but they still feel soft, and look natural and feathery. It's also easier to remove with a good eyemakeup remover.than other waterproof mascaras.

tarteLCS.jpg

As for the others, the Urban Decay "Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara" looks nice when I first apply it, but it's not a reliable waterproof mascara and the 2 times I used it I ended up with racoon eyes. As you said,  B. E. "Flawless Definition Waterprrof Mascara" is truly waterproof. It's nice and defining, but I found that it really dried out my lashes and the tube dried out fast. I love the normal version of Fairydrops "Scandal Queen," but the Fairydrops "Scandal Queen Waterproof Mascara"  flakes a bit throughout the day and is so hard to take offf that I ended up losing a bunch of lashes when I tried.

I hope all this helps you! :smileyhappy:

tenngal
Answered

Hey, maltipoo!  It's a little more than your budget, but you can’t go wrong with Fairy Drops Scandal Queen Waterproof Mascara which is a waterproof "do-it-all" mascara.  It gives you waterproof, voluminous, long and ultra-curled lashes all day long.  This mascara won't flake or budge.  The brush catches even the tiniest lashes, defines, adds fullness, lengthens and provides ultra-lasting curl for even the most stubborn straight lashes.  It costs $24 and you can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P289417&categoryId=B70

By the way, I am not a fan of the Urban Decay Cannonball, but the Tarte Lights Camera Splashes isn't bad.  I still think you'll love the Fairy Drops if you don't mind spending a little extra.  And I've never had the Fairy Drops dry up on me before I finished a tube either.

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

queenbea
Answered

I have finally found a mascara that stays on with no raccoon eyes no matter how much I sweat .Clinique's Lash Power  is by far the best waterproof I have ever found. It removes with warm water and does not cause any lash damage/loss as it is removed. While it may take a few seconds longer to remove it is sooo worth it. Best of all it is only $14 a tube.

xoxcharlottexox
Answered
[ Edited ]

Go with Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Waterproof Mascara. It's very very waterproof. BareMinerals mascara dried out quick for me, too! :smileysad: I really liked it, though.. This is a good replacement for it: I love tarte's mascaras now. :smileyhappy:

Hope this helped!!

xoxo, Charlotte

brookie673
Answered
(0) Hearts

Get Lights Camera Splashes! from Tarte. It's really nice and very wateproof :smileyvery-happy:

jbyrne
Answered
(0) Hearts

The best sweatproof, waterproof mascara that I have used that works great during the summer is available at your drugstore. It is called Maybelline ONE BY ONE and it gives volume and separates each lash so it makes your eyes look fuller and more brighter. its a great mascara. I used it when I went on vacation to mexico and we did everything from beaching it to jetskiing to banana boating and it hardly ever smudged and trust me I got a lot of salt water in my eyes and it was great!   

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 13 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • maltipoo66
    • xoxcharlottexox
    • artemisgem
    • brookie673
    • queenbea
    • jbyrne
Photos1