Answer
missjmac
how do I prevent mascara smudging under eye concealer?
(0) Hearts

How do I prevent mascara from smudging onto my under eye concealer?  I have tried all types of mascaras, concealers and powder over the concealer.  No mascara is used on the lower lashes.  

Forever grateful for help with a problem lasting for years!  Much thanks :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 6
issabel
Answered

Waterproof. Like Lancome Hypnose drama waterproof. You can even apply artificial tears while you have it on. Remove it with baby oil at the end of the day then wash your face normally. 

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P262303&categoryId=S10510&shouldPaginate=true

polishlover10
Answered

If you have a waterproof mascara, the reason it is waterproof is because there are tiny oil droplets that are hydrophobic, so they don't bind with the polar molecules of water. However, the hydrophobic mascara can mix with concealer because your concealer might be oil based. Try using an oil-free undereye concealer and set with powder. You might find that at a drugstore. Even try using a lighter shade of thicker  oil-free foundation as a concealer, and again, set with powder. Also, you could try a more wax based waterproof mascara (you'll probably need to brush out clumps) or even a lash stain (I think Neutrogena has one). A stain will just tint your lashes though, and probably won't do anything special for the actual lash hairs.

a196
Answered
(0) Hearts

Do you use water proof mascara?

sarbear566873
Answered
(0) Hearts

Eye lash primers help to hold the mascara in place. I am obsessed with the sephora make up eraser. It works wonders on removing mascara without taking away all of your under eye concealer. I use it a lot in allergy season.

macuser
Answered
(0) Hearts

I also had this problem until the lady at Sephora showed me Kiss Me Mascara.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P46017&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5687

This item has little tiny tubes that coat the lashes (sounds weird, but works). I can finally wear mascara even on the bottom lashes without worrying about looking like a raccoon at the end of the day!

katie1724
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi!

I have used Too Faced Lash Injection for years, and I have never, ever have a problem with it smudging or giving me raccoon eyes. It's a tubing mascara, so it builds little tubes around the lashes, making them appear thicker and fuller...so maybe that helps. It's not waterproof, but it also doesn't smudge! Perhaps you will have luck with it...it comes in a trial size for $9.50, so you could give it a try, instead of paying $21 for the full sized product: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P168368&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • macuser
    • missjmac
    • issabel
    • a196
    • sarbear566873
    • polishlover10