Answer
Accepted Solution
freshman makeup

Hi girls!!! I'm a freshman in highschool and was wondering what makeup I hould be wearing. When I look at myself during and after school I always look so dull and basically just ugly. Plz Plz Plz help me!!! I want my eyes and skin to look bright and not dull!!! PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help!!!! Im serious like its bad... ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered
[ Edited ]

If you want your skin to look bright instead of dull, the best place to start is honestly good skincare. You can try a tinted moisturizer like Laura Mercier or NARS if you have redness/uneven skintone, or a BB cream like Dr. Jart if you have dry skin.

As for making eyes look bright, I find eyelash curlers really help open my eyes up (or else i look sleepy). If you tell us your eye color, we can recommend something that help make it pop/stand out.

oh sorry i have brown eyes and a warm skin tone (but my skin is pretty pale right now)
(0) Hearts
Oh same here same here! Many make up artists have suggested dark green to me, and blue-ish purple another favorite of mine. I would suggest try a forest green eyeliner, and slightly shimmery but not glittery neutral eyeshadows (I remember in high school and seeing too many girls with terrible foundation and too much eyeshadows, not a good look). Sephora nano eyeliners are small enough to carry around and $5 isn't too expensive (try emerald green or chlorophyll): http://www.sephora.com/nano-eyeliner-P235502?skuId=1070804

Skincare is the best way to fix dull skin, but if you are going for tinted moisturizer/BB cream, then make sure to go to a store and have someone help to find the exact match.
Thx!!! Do you know any good blue-ish purple eyeliners by chance?
(0) Hearts
Well, green is suppose to bring out the brown eyes, I don't know if purple does it for your eyes, but I really like how it works with my light/med yellow undertoned skin. Ransom or Lust are my favorite
http://www.sephora.com/24-7-glide-on-eye-pencil-P133707?skuId=1393693

I usually just do a line on top, nothing on the bottom since I don't want it to be too obvious or look like purple raccoon since I'm a bit heavy handed. Remember less is more, and have fun!
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation