Answer
19blue19
Accepted Solution
freshman makeup

Hi girls!!! I'm a freshman in highschool and was wondering what makeup I hould be wearing. When I look at myself during and after school I always look so dull and basically just ugly. Plz Plz Plz help me!!! I want my eyes and skin to look bright and not dull!!! PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help!!!! Im serious like its bad... ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
ChicDabbler
Answered
[ Edited ]

If you want your skin to look bright instead of dull, the best place to start is honestly good skincare. You can try a tinted moisturizer like Laura Mercier or NARS if you have redness/uneven skintone, or a BB cream like Dr. Jart if you have dry skin.

As for making eyes look bright, I find eyelash curlers really help open my eyes up (or else i look sleepy). If you tell us your eye color, we can recommend something that help make it pop/stand out.

19blue19
oh sorry i have brown eyes and a warm skin tone (but my skin is pretty pale right now)
ChicDabbler
(0) Hearts
Oh same here same here! Many make up artists have suggested dark green to me, and blue-ish purple another favorite of mine. I would suggest try a forest green eyeliner, and slightly shimmery but not glittery neutral eyeshadows (I remember in high school and seeing too many girls with terrible foundation and too much eyeshadows, not a good look). Sephora nano eyeliners are small enough to carry around and $5 isn't too expensive (try emerald green or chlorophyll): http://www.sephora.com/nano-eyeliner-P235502?skuId=1070804

Skincare is the best way to fix dull skin, but if you are going for tinted moisturizer/BB cream, then make sure to go to a store and have someone help to find the exact match.
19blue19
Thx!!! Do you know any good blue-ish purple eyeliners by chance?
ChicDabbler
(0) Hearts
Well, green is suppose to bring out the brown eyes, I don't know if purple does it for your eyes, but I really like how it works with my light/med yellow undertoned skin. Ransom or Lust are my favorite
http://www.sephora.com/24-7-glide-on-eye-pencil-P133707?skuId=1393693

I usually just do a line on top, nothing on the bottom since I don't want it to be too obvious or look like purple raccoon since I'm a bit heavy handed. Remember less is more, and have fun!
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • 19blue19
    • shoppalicious