Answer
19blue19
Accepted Solution
freshman makeup

Hi girls!!! I'm a freshman in highschool and was wondering what makeup I hould be wearing. When I look at myself during and after school I always look so dull and basically just ugly. Plz Plz Plz help me!!! I want my eyes and skin to look bright and not dull!!! PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help!!!! Im serious like its bad... ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
beautytester
Answered
[ Edited ]

If you want your skin to look bright instead of dull, the best place to start is honestly good skincare. You can try a tinted moisturizer like Laura Mercier or NARS if you have redness/uneven skintone, or a BB cream like Dr. Jart if you have dry skin.

As for making eyes look bright, I find eyelash curlers really help open my eyes up (or else i look sleepy). If you tell us your eye color, we can recommend something that help make it pop/stand out.

Answers: 3
lylysa
Answered

What color are your eyes and what color is your skin tone? Are there any particular colors you want to incorporate?

For starters, look into kits like the Natural or Naked Eye kit from Too Faced or the Naked eye shadow palettes from Urban Decay. They give an assortment of neutrals that can give a subtle enhancement to eyes as well as be played up to more dramatic looks if the time calls for it. These shades are soft enough for daily wear without looking too done up!

corrin99
Answered
(0) Hearts

When my skin looks dull I reach for Clinique Exfoliating Scrub, it makes my skin glowy and soft. 

Use a bb cream or light foundation to even skin tone, drugstore products are a good way to start, Revlon Nearly Naked or a fuller coverage option is Loreal Lumi.  Blend really well, using almost nothing on the edges of your face dot some in the center of your face and blend outwards.

You could use a shimmery nude or cream colored shadow in the inner corner of your eye in a > shape around your tear duct.  Loreal shadows are very nice I like Loreal single in morning light for my tear duct. 

You could use a liner on your upper lid only, choose a brown unless you have black hair, I really like Almay for blue eyes in brown topaz.  Thicker in the outter corner and taper it off where your lashes thin out in the inner corner, about 3/4 of the way in. 

Get a lash curler Revlon is a good one, this will change women from plain Jane to va va voom.  Then add a few layers of mascara, Maybelline Great Lash is a good starter msascara with a small brush.  To use it properly wiggle it from the base of your lashes up, make sure you get to the bottom of your lashes or they'll look shorter.  Do the outer corners and bottom lashes too.  Youtube some video how tos then practice.

Apply some peach or coral blush I like Maybelline ones, but buy a Eco brush for blush don't use the one in it. 

Get a sparkley pink gloss like Revlon Color Burst in Pink Afterglow, it's a square tube with a black top. 

shoppalicious
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi! I am also I high school freshman and suffer the same dull skin problems as you. My daily makeup consists of bare minerals original powder foundation (which really brightens my skin!), benefit dandelion blush (A pretty light pink), a drugstore mascara and urban decay sin eyeshadow (super pretty on any eye color). Hope that helped!

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • corrin99
    • lylysa
    • beautytester
    • 19blue19
    • shoppalicious