Answer
scoosie
eyeshadow for blue-gray eyes

I would love a recommendation for an eyeshadow to really help my blue-gray eyes stand out. I have medium brown hair and my skin tone is fair with pink undertones. I really love the stila shadows and the sephora brand mono shadows,so if you could recommend something in one of those brands,that would be great! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
icysapphireeyes
Answered
(0) Hearts

whatever you do. avoid bold blue colors. they over power your natural blue/gray eyes. browns, pale warm colors, purples, certain greens. pretty much anythign but blue itself will look awesome

kalex
Answered
(0) Hearts

Wow, you could be describing me as well as yourself! 

For Stila, I have the new "Ethereal" and "Gilded" eyeshadow trios on my list.  You might give "Venus" a try as well.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P253714&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3865

Bronze eye makeup compliments blue eyes of all shades and I have found that taupes and purples are also very complimentary to our eye color and skintone.

katimae
Answered
(0) Hearts

I was wondering how old you are b/c of course the younger you are the more you get to play with bright fun colors. I'm a red head w/ blue eyes.  Greens, purples, and browns look really good but I can pull off just about anything. Dark/navy blues and grays look good too.  Blacks I have not tried, nor do I usually wear a black eye liner, but that is because I am so fair.  Sometimes I'll mix a tiny bit of turquoise in with purple if I'm wearing that color that day - it looks great with my hair.  Overall, green is the shade I get most compliments on my eyes when I wear and it's been that  way since I started modeling at 12.  And not a bright fun green but more mossy, woodsy, earthy greens (not grass green though--lol).  And now that I'm older I've settled into browns for a natural everyday look -- boring.

tenngal
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

To make your blue eyes really stand out, wear an eyeshadow that’s the opposite of your eye shade on the color spectrum.  For instance, peachy brown hues make blue eyes pop.  However, blues eyes and eyeshadow colors vary depending on hair color.

Brunettes with blue eyes look best wearing the following colors:

• copper
  • peach
  • coral
  • bronze
  • rust
  • orange

Neutral colors that work for blue-eyed people with any skin tone and hair color are:

• peachy brown
  • white
  • grey
  • khaki
  • chocolate brown
  • camel

I'd recommend looking at Urban Decay's Eyeshadows which you can find at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P0241&categoryId=C10461

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • kalex
    • katimae
    • icysapphireeyes
    • scoosie