psychologist
eyeliner and shadow for mature women

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
prettyinpa
Answered
(0) Hearts
You'll hear conflicting ideas on matte shadow vs shimmer shadows for mature skin. I'm on the shimmer side, not outright glitter or highly shimmery, just a pretty glow that makes your eyes light up. My favorite shadow palette for this is Urban Decay's Naked. The original for medium to darker skintone, Naked 2 for paler skintone.

Liner, my thoughts are you really don't want to be tugging on mature skin, it's just not as forgiving of mistreatment as skin in it's 20s. So I go for a soft pencil liner like Urban Decay's 24/7 Pencil liners or a gel liner. Make Up for Ever has great liquid liners that stay put all day, which is great in my book. And use a gentle makeup remover, for the same reason. I like MAC Pro Makeup Remover or Urban Decay Meltdown cream remover.

Colors- Stick with more neutral shades as nothing looks more dated than bright 80's shadow on mature eyes. You don't have to go "old lady" look, just if you are going to go for a pop of color, skip turquoise or neon liner shades and stick with plums or navy or nice browns, golds or bronzes.

Hope this helps!
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • psychologist