Answer
curvygirli
Accepted Solution
eye shadow techniques

I have heard of many types of eye shadow techniques. I watch you tube videos on these, but sometimes it gets confusing. I was just wondering if members could WRITE down the instructions on diff techniques? like the idiots guide to eye shadow I guess.

For example: Smokey Eye

1. use base color

2. use main color put on lid

3. take darker color and make V and blend into crease

4. use highlighter around and under the brow

For example:

take one color put it on half of lid. take another color put it on other half of lid

I hope this makes sense what I am asking. I would just love to know some basic basic steps to try different designs.

PS.. I was watching Eva Longoria on David Letterman. And a you tube makeup guru, "itsjudytime" showed how she did it.

In short... black on lid, dark blue on top of that. and then highlighter. and then blended and added sparkles.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
tenngal
Answered

Hi, curvygirli!  You said that you have watched a lot of different eye makeup techniques on YouTube already, but my favorite "beauty guru" is Lisa Eldridge and you can find her makeup tutorials on YouTube, as well.  Lisa Eldridge gives wonderful, straight-forward info on how to create different looks and I think you may really enjoy watching some of her tutorials.  As islandqt said, there is no uniform way that eyeshadow needs to be applied.  I do my eye makeup a little different every day, but in general I usually apply a light color on the inner third of my lid and my brow bone, a medium shade on the center of my lid and a darker shade in the crease and outer fourth of my lid.  And the most important thing to do is to blend and blend again so that you have no distinct demarcation lines from one color to the next.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 17 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • islandqt
    • curvygirli
    • thecaramelapple
    • 6aad0801
    • artemisgem