confused about my eyes
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hey everyone! Ok so I am a freshman in highschool and usually the only eye makeup I apply is mascara.I think that when I put on eyeliner and eyeshadow it makes me look dull,tired,and weird. But now I think that maybe I'm not applying it correctly for my eyes.I honestly am so confused right now...plz help!!! Any suggestions welcome!!!

ps I have big round brown eyes, medium skin tone, and an oval face shape

This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have big round brown eyes too and it has taken me a LONG time to figure out how to apply eyeshadow & liner to make it look good.  I have something called semi-hooded eyes and applying eyeshadow and eyeliner the regular way makes my eyes look funky/not good. what I did was looked up some tutorials on youtube for my certain type of eye. missmai27 has a tutorial called  "Makeup for hooded eyes - easy tips & tricks : )"  and gossmakeupartist may have one too.

What I do is apply a neutral color all over my lid or lighter shade. Then I apply a little triangle of darker color (to create a shadow) starting above my crease and then angled down towards my outer eyelid.  missmai27 goes over how to do this. Also, I never line all the way around my eyes.  This looks awesome on many of my friends but I look like a crazy lady (it makes my eyes look all googly looking).... Not sure if its because my eyes are so round or what but I just line the top outer 1/3 and the bottom outer 1/2.  I also do a thin line and use a wet Qtip to clean up any extra eyeliner or jagged lines (I like to use liquid liner).

I hope this helps you out. Im not sure if you have similar eyes to mine. You may post a pic of your eyes to help other BT users know how to help you.

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation