Answer
juicie4jen
can't use eyebrow powder why???
[ Edited ]

Hi I used to draw/fill in my eyebrows w a pencil way too dark! So i decided to try powders, and I just cannot get hang of any of the powders i tried the brow zings and anastasia ones...why can't i fill in my brows w powders? can i still get a natural brows w  a pencil and if so which one(s)? thanks in advance beauties!!!~

ya thanks everyone; ima buy/try the dior brow styler!!~ btw i am asian; black hair!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 7
lylysa
Answered

How exactly are you using the powder and with what tool? I'm a user of the Brow Zings as well and found the tiny brushes that come with are good if you're in a bind, but I use my Smashbox angled brow brush. It's a bit stiffer and has thicker bristles, so it can withstand the "pressing" and direct application use of the wax and powder. Softer or more pliable bristles tend to give a sharper application and doesn't allow you to blend out as easy.

Try master a technique before swapping products. I like to apply some of the tinted brow wax to my brows first then add powder. Keep in mind where you touch your brows with your brush is where the most product will be placed and from there you move and distribute product from there. If the start of your brows (inner corners by your nose) and that area is already thick or dense, adding product there will only make that area look heavier and darker. Try instead to start at the arch or middle of the brow, which is generally where hairs start to thin out and not look as full. Blend/drag powder to the tail of the brow and then go back and use feathery, almost choppy strokes to apply and blend out powder on the inner portions.

You can always go back over with a spoolie brush (clean mascara wand or look for them sold in packs from beauty supply stores) to comb through and soften the overall application.

janinebt
Answered

Everyone has given you great advice! Just do feather-like strokes. I also find that standing around 3-4 feet away from my mirror helps tremendously. We often have a tendency to get a little heavy handed when working up close, so doing it from far away will help give you a more natural looking coverage.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
beautylovingirl
Answered

If you do find that you can't use powder you should definitely try the Dior Brow Styler pencil it is super easy to use. Hope this helps!

keelybt
Answered

Hi Juicie4jen What issues are you experiencing with the powder? You can get a natural look with a pencil as long as you are light handed and use short, soft strokes to fill in. 

mafan
Answered

What color is your hair?  Is it possible that you're just using a pencil that is too dark if pencil seems too dark for you?

It if helps, I cannot get the hang of the Brow Zings either.

melissabt
Answered

Hi Juice4jen,

It takes a bit of practice! I like to use both. Use the pencil to define the brow and then the powder to fill them in. I find that it works best this way but, I think every ones brows are different! Try also starting off with a little bit of powder on the brush and then tap the brush to remove any access powder. It's a lot harder to blend when you have too much on your brush:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
pinktorridora
Answered
(0) Hearts

Mac Eyebrows. It's a self-sharpening pencil. Go to a counter and get matched to a color. Lasts all day and is natural with a light hand.

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • melissabt
    • pinktorridora
    • janinebt
    • lylysa
    • mafan
    • beautylovingirl
    • juicie4jen