Answer
beebo
Where to purchase Shu Uemura Basic Black Mascara or what is substitute?
(0) Hearts

Please suggest alternatives for the Shu Uemura Basic Mascara - it's the only one I have found that doesn't uncurl my (stubborn) lashes after they are curled. After I apply and it sets, i can often use others for more coverage. Have visited SU's website and searched via Google for place to purchase but cannot find. If there is a recommended substitute, pls let me know.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
ran8
Answered

The mascara basic from Shu Uemura was discontinued as of July 1, 2011.  Their suggested alternative is the new formula:  ultimate natural mascara.  I have not tried the new formula yet as I'm using the last of my mascara basic (like yourself, I love that formula).  You can find the new one at the official shu uemura usa site or at select Holt Renfrew stores in Canada. 

If still having any concerns, feel free to call Shu Uemura's contact number.  They have good customer service and should be able to provide assistance. 

My second place formula is the MUFE Smoky Lash.

Hope that helps. 

projill
Answered
(0) Hearts

Shu Uemura was pulled from all US locations last year after L'Oreal decided to focus on other brands in their portfolio in the US.  Their products are available in 18 countries and on the website.  Since the mascara you want has been discontinued, I would try another mascara that was made for curl.

Shiseido Lasting Lift Mascara is available on Sephora.com and is amazing at holding curl and should work similar to your other favorite.

xoxo

Jill

pastwork
Answered
(0) Hearts

try Barney's

242girl
Answered
(0) Hearts

I would suggest Fairydrops Scandal Queen mascara Scandal Queen Mascara

It gives you a pretty awesome curl and lasts all day :smileyhappy: Hope this helps hun !

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • beebo
    • 242girl
    • ran8
    • projill
    • pastwork