Answer
jr21soccer
What would be a good eye color and/or brand to spice up my look?
(0) Hearts

I have gray/blue eyes with brown hair and kind of fair but can tan skin. I'm getting a little bored of my gold neutral colors and want to spice up my look. Any fun ideas. Also, if you have an idea but also have some good brands then just write those down too.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
katie1724
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi!

For blue eyes, I would try shades in the purple family -- I was really surprised at how much purple makes blue pop! I was so used to using browns and greys that I had never thought of purple shades until a makeup artist used them on me. It depends on the look you're going for (day / work appropriate? evening out?) -- but a great example is the NARS duo in Charade. The smokey plum and mauve shades work very well together to make blue eyes stand out. If you don't want to spend that much money, you can definitely find a less expensive alternative.

I also love deep greys for a smokey eye effect; they can make blue eyes look really dramatic. Again, I love the NARS duo in Paris (silver and deep grey -- which is not currently available through Sephora, but you can get it at NARS). You can find similar shades among the Sephora singles, like 02 (City Fog) or Catherine (03).

NARS duos: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P0250&categoryId=B70

Sephora Singles: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P241801&categoryId=B70

Good luck! I hope this helps!

polishlover10
Answered
(0) Hearts

Go crazy with color. When you have something so bright that you think it won't go with anything, it'll go with everything. Try on matte electric blues, pinks, etc. at Sephora. I would just do a thin line of liner as opposed to shadow all over. Try Makeup Forever. They have the best pigments. Loreal HIP is pretty good too.

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • jr21soccer
    • polishlover10