Answer
What kind of eyeliner (and color) do you recommend for brown eyes?

I have brown eyes, black hair, no mono lid and I'm thinking of changing my pencil eyeliner to either gel or liquid eyeliner. I noticed it gets smeared at the end of the day and it looks as if I've been crying. I'm really simple with my makeup and would prefer it to look natural.

I usually wear brown eyeliner but from what I read, it's not recommended since I already have dark brown eyes. I would like to wear black but it seems too much or dramatic for daytime (maybe I'm wrong... maybe I can still make it look natural for daytime and I'm not into metallics very eyeliner either). Eyeliner is important for me to wear because without it, I look like I'm 12 Smiley Tongue I was looking at gel and liquid eyeliners. I tried MAC's fluidline in blacktrack a few years back but the stuff dried up soo fast and i don't have time and I suck at drawing a line with my tiny angled brush. Someone suggested Bobbi Brown's AWARD WINNING gel liner and the application is smoother. I was thinking of maybe getting this because I can wear it for everyday and still make it dramatic for nights out... I just bought this liquid eyeliner at MAC's "super-slick liquid eyeliner" in the black color but the reviews I read aren't that good. I'm also thinking of getting MUFE aqua gel liner in black or maybe brown...

anyhoo, my first question is: which COLOR should I invest in? (I was thinking of getting a brown liquid eyeliner for everyday and a black gel liner)

second question: which is kind of eyeliner is best? Liquid or gel? (Someone did say to use MAC's pencil liner bc it's waterproof? I used all covergirl in the past...)
THANKS LADIES Smiley Happy

PS: I'm in my mid 20's and I don't want to look "young" w. my eyeliner looks

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered

I personally like pencil best, and if you have a good pencil, it shouldn't smudge too much, but here are some recommendations:

Color: Brown and black work for me and I have brown eyes + hair, but I also like these colors:

Gold

Grey

Purple 

Blue

A good pencil is: Sephora: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil: Eyeliner

24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

DeviantDeviant (electric blue)
Item # 893297

El DoradoEl Dorado (gold)
Item # 12504

GunmetalGunmetal (glimmering dark grey)
Item # 982090

RansomRansom (bright iridescent purple)
Item # 1139369

If you want forever staying power, check out: Sephora: Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner: Eyeliner

Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner

I did a swatch on my hand and it stayed on FOREVER! Smiley Surprised 

Another good gel liner is: 

Sephora: MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Cream: Eyeshadow

Aqua Cream

Hope that helped Smiley Very Happy 

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation