Answer
Gail2099
What is the difference between corrector and concealer?

What is the difference between corrector and concealer? I have dark purple circles and need some help on finding a good corrector and concealer to wear over corrector?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
dianabt
Answered

Hi Gail2099,

I agree with mightyclassy, that has always been my knowledge! Correctors are used to really "correct" discolorations like dark blue or purple circles, scarring, uneven skin tones, blemishes, redness, etc. Concealers are pretty similar but tend to be more towards actual skin tones and for basically just evening tone but not as much of "correcting" a few little flaws. :smileyhappy:

Bobbi Brown makes some good correctors that have yellow, peachy or pink tints to them which makes them excellent to correct purple circles around the eyes!

and try a few "highlighting pens" which have pretty light reflecting pigments and are more liquid-based so they don't settle in the lines of the eye area, and are very creamy and soft to brighten up on top of concealers even more. My favorite is the Tarina Tarantino Eye Dream Hyperlight.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
mightyclassy07
Answered

By my understanding, a "corrector" is a type of concealer that's purpose is to correct things like redness and dark circles using color theory (green combats redness, pink counteracts the blue under eyes, etc).  A normal concealer is a creamer and often more yellow or paler version of one's foundation to use on imperfections.  I use concealer but never a corrector type but I've seen the Pixiwoo girls (youtube) use them before.

As far as concealers go, I've liked YSL and Smashbox stick concealers best so far and heard good things about MAC's Studio Finish.  Hope this helps!

sofiabarbieri
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I actually just wrote a whole post about this on my beauty blog.

xoxoxo,

Sofia

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • mightyclassy07
    • Gail2099
    • sofiabarbieri