Answer
woahitsgrace
What eyeshadow palette (neutrals) do *you* think is simply amazing?

I have tan skin, yellow undertones with dark hair, and defined eyebrows..

help please!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 7
prettyinpa
Answered

I am most fond of the Urban Decay NAKED palette- 12 full sized shadows plus a great shadow brush and tube of UD's famous shadow Primer Potion. I like that you can create both day and night looks from the same palette and it is small enough to tuck into your carryon if you are travelling. Plus a great buy at $48, the UD regular shadows are $17 each!

Hope this helps!

tenngal
Answered

One neutral palette that I would call "amazing" is the Smashbox Softbox Palette.  The palette contains not only 9 shadows, but also 2 creamy liners, an eyelid primer and a good quality double-ended brush.  The enclosed "Get the Look" booklet will help you achieve a variety of looks using Smashbox’s expert techniques.  All products in the palette are paraben-free.  In case you want to know more specifically what is in this palette, here's a list: 
- 9 x 0.04 oz Eye Shadow in Nectar (matte peach), Vanilla (matte warm ivory), Flirt (pink beige shimmer with silver flecks), Lucky Penny (copper shimmer), Sugar (pink shimmer), Stone (matte taupe), Sienna (warm brown with bronze shimmer), Nude (matte soft caramel), Truffle (plum taupe shimmer)
- 2 x 0.05 oz Cream Eye Liner in Bronze (deep bronze), Taupe (silvery taupe)
- 0.02 oz Photo Finish Lid Primer (universal - warm beige)
- Double-Ended Shadow/Liner Brush (very good quality, which is hard to find in most palettes)
You can find this palette here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P284704&categoryId=B70

Some other very pretty neutral palettes that you may want to consider are:

Tarte NeutralEYES Volume II Natural Eye Palette is a palette of beautiful neutral eyeshadows made with all natural ingredients.  The refillable collector’s palette design is sleek, wrapped in faux leather, gold zippers and animal print.  Inside the palette are 10 limited-edition neutral eyeshadows, a full-size EmphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliner in Brown, and a full-size, double-ended eye shadow brush.  The eyeshadow shades range from shimmering taupe to fizzy champagne to deep chocolate brown, helping you create a variety of looks.  Before being treated with soothing vitamins, the highly-pigmented Amazonian Clay Shadows are softly milled for rich color payoff and silky application.  Tarte's EmphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliner, infused with vitamin E, cucumber, and aloe, captures the high-pigment concentration and staying power of a gel pot in an effortless pencil for easy application and long-lasting wear.  Tarte even includes a free deluxe sample of their bestselling lifted natural eye primer with Firmitol so you can prep and prime your eye area while decreasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles so that the eyeshadows blend smoother and stay longer.  The 10 full-sized eyeshadows come in matte ivory beige, matte pale pink, matte pale peach, matte taupe, matte dark brown, pale peach pink sheen, pale peach shimmer, olive khaki sheen, mute plum sheen, and golden brown sheen.  You can find the palette here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P286100&categoryId=B70

Stila’s Natural Eye Shadow Palette is full of 10 gorgeous, neutral eyeshadow shades that’ll flatter any eye color.  (It even includes Stila’s best-selling eyeshadow shade “Kitten”.)  The palette is a beautiful collection of highly pigmented, wearable, neutral shades suitable for every skin tone that can be worn wet or dry.  The palette also includes an exclusive, limited edition Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel, a matte chocolate brown, and an 8-page “Look Book” with detailed “how-to” tips and tricks, which makes this palette great for beginners or pros either one.

The set contains:

- 10 Eyeshadows in the following shades:  Bare (matte ivory), Kitten (shimmering nude pink), Bliss (matte nude), Sunset (copper shimmer), Sandstone (matte neutral brown), Champagne (pale gold shimmer), Gilded Gold (bronze with gold shimmer), Luster (deep gray with gold shimmer), Night Sky (slate blue with silver shimmer) and Ebony (matte black)
- Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel (matte chocolate brown)

You can find this palette here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P291218&categoryId=B70

Too Faced also has several neutral eyeshadow palettes that you can find here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?categoryId=S11503&brandId=Too%20Faced&view=all

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

makeuplover400
Answered

Urban Decay makes great eye-shadow pallets and the colors are great on your skin as well as in the container. Try their best selling Naked pallet. 

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P267200&categoryId=C10461

bethica
Answered

One I made myself at Inglot! You can pick out the perfect neutrals for your skin tone. No more complaining about if a palette has too many or not enough shimmery colors or matte colors. And you can pick the size of your palette, want 3? Want 20? No more worries about having colors you think you'll never use, because you pick them out yourself. I recently made a 3 color one because I was fed up with having love hate relationships with all the neutral palettes I see out there. I like a mix of shimmery and matte so in my 3 shade palette I had one matte  and two shimmery ones. In case you were wondering they colors I chose in mine are: Matte 390, Pearl 402, and Pearl 422 and I absolutly love them! :smileyhappy:

xoxcharlottexox
Answered

My two top used neutral palettes are the Urban Decay Naked Palette and Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection. Both are really useful, and have lots of gorgeous neutrals to choose from... wearing neutrals isn't boring thanks to these palettes! :smileyhappy:

xoxo, Charlotte

shemoves
Answered

I have tan skin, yellow undertones with dark hair, and very defined eyebrows as well. It's hard for me to really feel comfortable wearing a lot of eye color but I found that the Naked Palette works wonderfully. My friend loves her Tarte palette because the colors are natural and sheer. I wish I could give you more info but I just realized that I usually only get Urban Decay palettes and since they are so shimmery, I usually don't wear them on a daily basis.

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 19 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • makeuplover400
    • tenngal
    • bethica
    • prettyinpa
    • xoxcharlottexox
    • pandapple6
    • woahitsgrace
    • shemoves