Answer
kimmi1115
Trying for the Smoky Eye

Since I didn't have to be anywhere today, I figured I would give a dark smoky eye a try.  I normally use purples or browns, but I decided to go for the grays/blacks.  The colors are in the palettes, so I might as well put them to some use.  I just worry about looking like a KISS groupie lol.  Here are the results from this morning.  Any advice for the look?  I also included a stupid mirror picture since an outfit can have an effect on makeup and vis versa.  Purple shirt = no purple smoky eye lol.

eyes closed.JPG

photo_2.JPG

products.JPG

And the products used.  I used Gunmetal on the lid, Creep lightly above it and into outer V, and Blackout as a liner.  I also used Virgin as a highlight, but I didn't take a picture of it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 8
janinebt
Answered

Looks good kimmi! I know what you mean about looking like a KISS groupie (or an extreme raiders fan if you live in the bay area). When in doubt I'll just either make black or silver the primary color with one of my looks, making the secondary color either in the outer corner or highlight. Although I must confess sometimes I like rocking the gunmetal and black look equally haha.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
missjr
Answered

Kimmi, your eyes look AWESOME!  

Gunmetal and Creep are two of my favorite UD shades for evening.  It's amazing how versatile the Naked Palette is.  For daytime I sometimes use the Naked shade on my entire lid, and follow up that shade with Hustle in my crease and Toasted as a highlighting shade.  Even though Hustle and Toasted are shimmery hues, they still manage to work for daytime and look quite polished in a professional environment.  Although I have a couple of other palettes on my shopping list, I've yet to purchase them because I'm enjoying the Naked Palette so much.

It's definitely well worth the money!

prettyinpa
Answered

I think the KISS look involves shadow above the brows too! Eek!

Great look, I think you really captured the smokey eye look. You have got the blending and shading perfect.

P. S. I like the outfit too, a perfect pairing.

elea33
Answered

This look is very pretty. What lip color is that? I wasn't sure if I missed it in the thread.

I can never seem to find a look I can pull off using Creep! Glad to see it's possible.

maltipoo66
Answered

That looks really great!! It's blended out perfectly-it looks really nice on you.  Your lashes look so long! :smileyhappy:

dianabt
Answered

Hi Kimmi, 

That looks great on you! I think you did a perfect job at keeping it simple and not too intense (too dark or too silver!) great job! I especially love how your mascara REALLY amplified your lashes! You seriously have some of the best natural lashes I've seen :smileyhappy: Thanks for sharing! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
keelybt
Answered

Love it Kimmi1115! It looks absolutely gorgeous on you.  Totally not Kiss fanish! The lipstick you paired with it is just perfect. :smileyhappy:

makeupobesessed
Answered

Super cute Kimmi!!!

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 21 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • prettyinpa
    • elea33
    • maltipoo66
    • kimmi1115