Simple Purple

Today, I used my Urban Decay Anniversary palette and Urban Ammo palette for a simple purple look.  I'm not sure if some of the shades show up well in the picture.  My smartphone camera has dumb days at times lol. 

purple open.jpg

purple closed.jpg

• As always, I started off with UDPP. 
  • I used my Sephora eyeshadow brush to apply Tainted from the Anniversary palette over my eyelid.
  • Next, I took Grifter from the Urban Ammo palette on the inner corners of my eyelids.  I used the same eyeshadow brush from before and blended as needed.  To me, Grifter is a darker version of Tainted with more sparkle.
  • Since I'm not so fond of my Ecotools crease brush (too big for my crease), I used the Ecotools smudge brush to apply Omen from the 15th Anniversary palette.  I started in the middle of the crease and lightly worked my way out to attempt an inner V.  I did this very lightly because I have never worn the outer V look before.  I recently watched a simple YouTube tutorial on how to do it, and now I just need to practice it.  Lightly, of course lol. 
  • I blended as needed and used my highlight brush to apply Sin from the Urban Ammo palette to use as a highlight. 
  • Then, I lined my upper lashline with Avon Glimmersticks Diamonds eyeliner in Sugar Plum.  It didn't show up too well because it is about to the end of its lifespan lol.
  • I touched up Tainted and finally topped it all off with Urban Decay Big Fatty mascara.

Like I said, I did this lightly since I'm new to the outer V look.  I've been wearing makeup since I was 13, and I had no idea what that look was until I discovered this forum lol.  BT is educational Smiley Happy

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered

This is so pretty! I love how wearable it is--I mean, as an eigth grader purple shadow can be a bit...overpowering, but I feel as though I could actually pull this off on a day-to-day basis. I'll definetly have to try this! Thanks for posting!

-Haylolo Smiley Happy

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 12 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
Photos1
  • purple open.jpg