Answer
dancergirl17
Prom

Hi,

I'm going to prom and I want to find a palette or use one of my own palette's (Naked 1& 2, Naked basics, UB Oz Glinda palette) to make a great look for blue eyes. My dress is a royal blue and is embellished with rinestones all over. I'm keeping my lips simple and makeup but I want my eyes to POP, and everyone to be like wow her eyes. So, if you could suggest a palette or ideas on what I should do for my eyes it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
colorobsession
Answered
(0) Hearts

With such a bold dress color I think you a spot on with the idea of doing a softer face/lip and a dramatic eye. You've got some great palettes to work with, and could probably come up with multiple looks from each. I think the golds and bronze tones in Naked 1 would play up your blue eyes (and blue dress) beautifully. I would maybe go for a sultry, smokey eye using a black liner and maybe Darkhorse/Half baked to shade and one of the lighter colors as a highlight? I have that palette myself, so maybe I should experiment and take a picture :-) I've got dark brown eyes and a slightly tan complexion, but you'd at least be able to get the general gist!

SephoraLuhver1
Answered
(0) Hearts

I also have blue eyes. I'm still searching for some great palettes that will make my eyes pop. But I did already find a wonderful palette. The Naked Basics. They are great and very useful and very helpful. The great thing about the Naked Basics is that they are neutrals but you can always layer shadows and make a different look. You could even add a color that you love. I think for the Naked Basics palette you should watch the video they have for the Naked Basics palette when you click on it they have great tutorials on it. I tried them and they work fabulous!! Hope that helps!! Have fun!!

garnett
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have blue eyes and I find that they pop when I use neutrals/browns.  You have wonderful palettes to work with and just about everything in your collections would be great. I would do a smokey eye and make sure you use some of the real shimmery colors for dramatic effect.  I know the Glinda palette has beautiful silver and gold metallics that would be great-especially since your dress has rhinestones. They always say you should not use blue on blue eyes but I love a deep blue eyeliner if I am using neutral shadows.  UD has a huge assortment of 24/7 pencils and some of them even have glitter.  I love Binge which is a shimmery navy.  They discontinued it but what is left is still in the stores. Sephora.com has all the new liners online right now.  I would play and practice the look a few times before prom.  If you need help with technique you can get great tips in Sephora from the staff or you can watch some great videos on Youtube.  I hope you have a wonderful time.  :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • colorobsession
    • garnett
    • dancergirl17
    • SephoraLuhver1