Answer
lexikaye
Prom Makeup (:

Hello beauties! So I just got my prom dress a few days ago, and I cant decide how to do my makeup. My dress is navy blue, I have light skin, blue eyes, and somewhat brown/blonde hair. Im going to be doing an updo and Im only going to wear earrings with my dress. I figured I should go with something somewhat subtle, but Im not completely sure. This is my dress http://www.cache.com/detail/beaded-mermaid-gown/O8044B22012680/44. Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks in advance! :smileyvery-happy: LexiKaye<3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
prochristine
Answered

Hello lexikaye!

The dress is beautiful! Here are a few options for you as far as make up looks go. If you want to keep it subtle you can do a navy blue cat eye with a waterproof gel/cream eyeliner. Then you can do a light pink/peach blush with a similar color on your lips. This way there isn't too much color that may be overwhelming. The pink/peach shade will compliment your fair skintone and the navy liner will pull everything together :smileyhappy: Here are some product recommendations for you!

Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner

Navy BlueNavy Blue (dark royal blue)
Item # 1068410

NARS "Orgasm" Blush

Blush

Smashbox Limitless Long Wear Lipgloss

Forever

Forever
(whispering pink)
Item # 1157254

Hope this helps! Good luck!

xoxo,

Christine

sharonrose27
Answered

Orange is the 'pop' color for navy/blue, but that sounds weird for pale skin...you might think about a shimmery sheer copper shadow, layered over a deeper brown in the creases and highlighted with a champagne color in the middle of your lids, and maybe combine that with a smudged navy or darkest brown liner?

mightyclassy07
Answered
[ Edited ]

I think with prom, classic is best, as I know many a girl who has lived to regret her photos afterward.  

That being said, a look like that can feel boring so I would suggest, if that's the way you feel, to pop some smoked out navy liner under your eye (Prussian Blue by MAC is good).  That way the makeup is timeless and interesting rather than one note or too matchy.  (Matchy-matchy is a pet peeve of mine.)  Pixiwoo has many tutorials that are classic and fit various eye shapes so I think they're a great place to start.

makeupobesessed
Answered
Navy is such a cute prom color....I'd say go with a neutral smokey eye, and a pretty blush, and some gloss. I'm not one to match my makeup to my outfit, so depending on ur eye color, u can do a smokey brown, gray, or black.
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 11 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • prochristine
    • lexikaye
    • makeupobesessed
    • mightyclassy07
    • sharonrose27