Answer
taphyyy
Problem with eyeshadow and top eyeliner??

My usual makeup routine is primer, top eyeliner, and then eyeshadow. Somehow throughout the day, eyeshadow gets onto my top eyeliner. I'm an amateur at makeup so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. How can I avoid having eyeshadow smear onto my top eyliner?

I've been using a liquid pen for my top eyeliner. And if it helps any, I have Asian eyes.

Any input would be appreciated! Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
dianabt
Answered

Hi taphyyy, 

What primer and shadows are you using? I almost want to suggest that we swap you out to a heavier primer to keep your shadow in place better without smudging onto your liner. Even a long lasting gel or liquid liner that won't take so long to dry/settle that can be causing the shadow to absorb onto it a bit more. 

Try a primer like the Urban Decay Primer Potion or Smashbox Photofinish Lid Primer, both of which are great in texture to keep your shadows staying put and are also great for shimmery shadows with a bit of fallout.

Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube - Original Photo Finish Lid Primer

I LOVE liquid liners myself, and personally love to use them when applying makeup on people of asian heritage. It's a bit more intense and dramatic so it can help emphasize the eyes a bit more.

Try the Clinique Brush on Cream Liner which is SUCH a smooth and easy to apply liner (use it with a slanted tip brush)

Brush-On Cream Liner

Or for a super easy, non budging finish, try the Too Faced 3 Way Lash Lining tool which is amazing for a thick or thin line and is easy to apply on top of shadows.

3 - Way Lash Lining Tool

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
jlhiga
Answered
(0) Hearts
I have Asian eyes too. I use primer, cream (stick shadow), shadow, then liquid liner. I use the liquid liner last. I use the primer and the cream shadow to give powder something to cling to. I basically use the powder the set the cream. I feel like the color payoff and lasting power is double. Then I wait (do my cheeks) I'm not sure it this step is doing anything, then apply my liquid liner right before my last step, mascara. Try it, I think it will help.
livemakeup14
Answered
(0) Hearts

I am asian and I have ahd similar problems with this too. I would suggest using a different primer. I realize that some primers are better than others and the one that I found works best for me is NARS eye primer. Also, I would do primer, shadow, and then liner. Also maybe you should try a gel liner because liquid liner can migrate if you have oily lids and I find that some gel liners 'set' better. A good gel liner is MAC's blacktrack fluidline. 

Hope that helped!

-Sisi

www.livelovemakeup14.blogspot.com

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • jlhiga
    • taphyyy
    • livemakeup14