Answer
xmissmaryx
My under-eye area always gets caky

Lately I've been trying to hide the dark circles under my eyes but have been having next to no luck. First I moisturize, then I put on foundation primer, and then I put on a liquid coverup but it always ends up looking caky and not smooth, what am I doing wrong? Do I need a special under eye moisturizer to use first? Any tips?? I usually use a cover up brush but sometimes I use my fingers... I'm not sure if that matters or not. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
blaaah
Answered
(0) Hearts

I used to have the same problem! I used clinique all about eyes concealer, and but after switching to putting my regular foundation under my eyes instead, it got a little better. I noticed putting a mosturizer on before i put the foundation on also contrbuted to the cakey-ness. Using your finger to apply foundation should make it look more natural. Also, once i used clinue's de-puffing eye roller, thinking it would lessen the need for concealer, and put on concealer about 10 minutes later, it was the worst caked-on look ive ever seen, so definately make sure not to do that!

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • islandqt
    • xmissmaryx
    • blaaah