Answer
xmissmaryx
My under-eye area always gets caky

Lately I've been trying to hide the dark circles under my eyes but have been having next to no luck. First I moisturize, then I put on foundation primer, and then I put on a liquid coverup but it always ends up looking caky and not smooth, what am I doing wrong? Do I need a special under eye moisturizer to use first? Any tips?? I usually use a cover up brush but sometimes I use my fingers... I'm not sure if that matters or not. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
tenngal
Answered

As far as makeup to cover the circles, a very good concealer that is actually a multi-purpose product and not just a concealer is Make Up For Ever's "Lift Concealer" which is in a liquid form.  It contains an active ingredient with skin-firming properties for the eye area, and vitamins A and E, which regenerate the skin.  It also conceals specific, darker areas (brown spots, blotches, etc.) and can be used as a highlighter on the more prominent parts of the face (cheekbones, forehead, and chin) for added radiance--that's why I call it a multi-purpose product and not just a concealer.  It is designed not to settle into fine lines and it is very lightweight.

You can find it on Sephora's website at: 
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P12661&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4028.

You may want to consider taking a low-dose antihistamine, too, but be sure to check with your doctor first.  “Allergens" are a major trigger for undereye shadows.  As we age we become more reactive to them.

I hope this helps you.  :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • katie1724
    • islandqt
    • xmissmaryx
    • blaaah