My under-eye area always gets caky

Lately I've been trying to hide the dark circles under my eyes but have been having next to no luck. First I moisturize, then I put on foundation primer, and then I put on a liquid coverup but it always ends up looking caky and not smooth, what am I doing wrong? Do I need a special under eye moisturizer to use first? Any tips?? I usually use a cover up brush but sometimes I use my fingers... I'm not sure if that matters or not. 

This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation

As far as makeup to cover the circles, a very good concealer that is actually a multi-purpose product and not just a concealer is Make Up For Ever's "Lift Concealer" which is in a liquid form.  It contains an active ingredient with skin-firming properties for the eye area, and vitamins A and E, which regenerate the skin.  It also conceals specific, darker areas (brown spots, blotches, etc.) and can be used as a highlighter on the more prominent parts of the face (cheekbones, forehead, and chin) for added radiance--that's why I call it a multi-purpose product and not just a concealer.  It is designed not to settle into fine lines and it is very lightweight.

You can find it on Sephora's website at:

You may want to consider taking a low-dose antihistamine, too, but be sure to check with your doctor first.  “Allergens" are a major trigger for undereye shadows.  As we age we become more reactive to them.

I hope this helps you.  Smiley Happy

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation