Answer
vvib
Mascara keeps on smudging :(

Hey everyone :smileyhappy:

I have a question about mascaras. 

I always have problems with it smudging. 

I have used Sephora brand, Clinique, Lancome, hourglass, and is using bobbi brown. 

not even a few hours after wearing it, my lashes lose mascara to the under eye skin (if this makes sense) - so like dark circles :smileysad: 

I don't know what to do about it. 

I love the bobbi brown mascara, it gives me amazing lengths, but doesn't last long at all :smileysad: 

I have asian eyes, have single eyelids. 

please help me 301172_10150846711860203_594476054_n.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
cendrogirl
Answered

You can try three things

1: You can apply a little bit of power on your lashes before you put your mascara on. This will help to get rid of any oils that may be on the lashes.

2.Depending on where your smudging i.e. under your eye. Your eye cream or concealer can be breaking down the mascara and causing it to smudge. So make sure you always set your under eye concealer. 

3. Try to us a waterproof formula, I know it's not ideal but they don't usually smudge. A really great waterproof is the Dior Show water proof. 

Hope that helps some.

vvib
(0) Hearts

Thank you for your suggestions!!

Which kind of powder did you mean in your first one? (and second one - how would i set my concealer.. is there a specific concealer for the underline?)
I think my monolids tends to be a bit more oily... so as a result, I always get smudging under the eyelids... I guess i should have specified it..

Thank you again!!
cendrogirl
(0) Hearts
Just use what ever powder you use to set your face. Also I would suggest that you invest in a good primer. Maybe try the Nars Eye primer. Then use your powder, then apply your mascara. You do not have to use a specific under eye concealer, although they tend to be more creamy and less drying on the eye area. where as concealer that is meant for covering imperfections tends to be thicker.
Question Stats
  • 11 answers
  • 11 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • serenity505
    • alare
    • drrragon
    • headless
    • mafan
    • roxystar4
    • crayzeeRN