Answer
vvib
Mascara keeps on smudging :(

Hey everyone :smileyhappy:

I have a question about mascaras. 

I always have problems with it smudging. 

I have used Sephora brand, Clinique, Lancome, hourglass, and is using bobbi brown. 

not even a few hours after wearing it, my lashes lose mascara to the under eye skin (if this makes sense) - so like dark circles :smileysad: 

I don't know what to do about it. 

I love the bobbi brown mascara, it gives me amazing lengths, but doesn't last long at all :smileysad: 

I have asian eyes, have single eyelids. 

please help me 301172_10150846711860203_594476054_n.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
connieconcon
Answered

I have this exact problem.  I have chunky monolids that obscure most of my eye lashes.  And my lower eye lids look like...a shelf.swfupload_4867005585317185794.jpg

On days when I don't wear eye shadow, I use Blinc tubing mascara.  

On days when I do use eye shadow, I make sure to use primer all over my upper lid and on my lower lid where I'm prone to smudging. On my lower lid, I pat a layer of colored setting powder over the primer and whatever concealer I'm using.  I've also noticed not all concealers play nice with my mascaras.  Water proof concealers and mascaras work the best.  Sometimes, if I'm not too tired, the setting powder over the primer is enough so I can forgo concealer.

Hope that helps!

vvib

Thank you so much!!
I have always avoided the primer and finishing powder near the eye area just because I thought it couldn't be good, considering skin around the eyes are very fragile
I will definitely try this out tomorrow morning:smileyhappy:
connieconcon
(0) Hearts
Make sure you're using eye primer, and not face primer. A lot of products can be drying, so you have to be really diligent about moisturizing your under eye area. I hope you let me know how it works out!
Question Stats
  • 11 answers
  • 11 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • serenity505
    • alare
    • drrragon
    • headless
    • mafan
    • roxystar4
    • crayzeeRN