Maltipoo Makeup Looks: #9 Warm Natural Look[ Edited ]
Hey! So I decided to post my go to makeup look that I wear probably 4-5 times per week. It is natural but has rich colors, and is a standard Naked Palette look (I will be purchasing this palette as soon as I finish my Kat Von D palette!). Because the colors are so neutral, this look would suit brown, blue, green, or really any eye color. I think this would be classified as a day look, but it can definitely be made more dramatic for nighttime (ex. adding brown eyeliner to the bottom waterline, smudging deep brown shadow under the eyes). Here we go!
Products used/How I did it:
1. Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer
2. Apply a pale cream/eggshell shimmer eyeshadow (I used Kat Von D's Tequila shade) all over the lid concentrating the color in the inner 1/2 of the lid, the inner corners of the eyes, and the browbone.
3. Take a medium brown/bronze shimmer eyeshadow (I used Kat Von D's Baroque shadow) and apply it in the outer 1/2 of the lid and in the crease, concentrating the color in the outer crease.
4. Place a dot of dark matte or shimmer brown shadow (I used Kat Von D's Leather shadow) in the outer crease and put another dot in the outer lid. BLEND!!!! *This look looks really great when you build up the colors so that you can see all three shades of shadow-but at the same time make sure that the colors do not have definite beginnings and ends-you can't over do the blending for this look!
5. Take a brown eyeliner pencil and apply it on the upper lashline, making the line get increasingly thick towards the outer corners. If you like, you can wing out the eyeliner a little bit by extending it slightly past the outer corners of your eyes.
6. Apply lots of Black or Black-brown mascara. I used Buxom Lash.
7. Optional: To really make your eyes pop, take a gold or cream shimmer eyeshadow, powder or cream, (I used the Mac paint pot in Bare Study) and apply a dot of it in the middle of the lid (where the pale and medium brown/bronze shades meet) and another dot in the inner corners of the eyes.
That's it! Hope you enjoyed the look-any suggestions, comments, and requests are always welcome. Thanks guys!
As usual, maltipoo, your eyes look beautiful! I really like this look. It does indeed look as though it would be very easy to take it from a day to a night look very quickly by adding just a little extra shadow and liner. I like this one a lot!!!
Keep up the good work!
This one's my favorite!! (so far, at least! )
Ahh, I love it. I'm going to try it sometime soon... And it'd be great for a day-to-night kinda thing like tenngal said.
Good job as allways
I just had to comment and tell you how beautiful this is. I really like your approach in how you explain your tips and techniques. Great Job! Keep them coming! Kudo's!
Sephora PRO Artist