Maltipoo Makeup Looks: #1 Brown Smokey Eye[ Edited ]
Hi everyone! Happy 4th of July! Here is the first makeup look I'm doing for you guys. It's a quick brown smokey eye-flattering for pretty much any eye color, but it really made my dark brown eyes pop when I tried it. Since I usually go for a very natural look during the day, this is definitely more of a nighttime look for me. Here we go!
How I did it/What I used:
1. Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer
2. Sephora Kohl waterproof eyeliner pencil in Keep Brown on upper lashline, bottom waterline, and bottom lashline and smudged. I then made tiny dots just underneath my bottom lashes, and smudged that for deeper intensity.
3. Darkest brown shade in the Her Name Was Glowla palette by Benefit (no longer available)-**Any medium brown will do-mine had a tiny bit of shimmer in it. Apply this on the lid and take it into the crease.
4. Leather from Kat Von D's Ludwig palette-**Any matte dark brown will do for this. Apply with a fluffy shadow brush over the brown eyeliner on your lid, and blend it up into the crease. Make a slight "wing" up and out from the outside of your lid. Repeat for more intensity, always starting the color down at the lashline so you get a more "smokey" effect when you blend it up to the crease.
5. Take the same matte dark brown color and sweep the color along your bottom lashline. Then, bring the color up to exaggerate the wing shape you started to make earlier.
6. Apply a dot of white or cream shimmering eyeshadow (I used Tequila from Kat Von D Ludwig palette) in the very inner corner of your eyes to brighten them and to make a nice contrast with the darkness all around your eyes.
7.Apply tons of black mascara to add to the smokey look-I used Buxom Lash.
Things to Remember: When making a smokey eye, blending and smudging are KEY factors! The more blended the look is, the more smokey and intense it gets.
Sorry the color was washed out a little in the photos-the brown looks more intense (especially under the bottom lashline) in person. Please feel free to add any touches to this look, how you feel it could be improved, and any other looks you would like me to make a post of. Thank you so much and hope you have a great holiday!!
Hi, maltipoo! The look sounds gorgeous! Unfortunately, I can't get the photos to show up on my computer. All I have is a red X in the middle of both. I don't know if it's just my PC or what, but I'd love to be able to see the photos. I read all the application work that went into the look and, like I said, it sounds gorgeous. Maybe the photos will show up if I re-start my computer or something. I'll wait and see if anyone else is having trouble viewing them or if it's just me.
Happy 4th of July!
Hi Maltipoo- Your photos look great! I have a Mac and they show up just fine, probably a Mac/PC thing. The photo quality is a bit blurry, but I can see what you are trying to illustrate. Are you using a camera or the camera in your computer?
Nice clear directions and excellent product list. Very enjoyable.