Answer
jackkiee
Is there a major difference between eyeshadow and brow powder? (urban decay good?)

Is there a major difference between eyeshadow and brow powder?I use the urban decay brow box but i feel like its too dark..and i was thinking of using Naked from the Naked palette to fill in my brows. And then adding a gel. Is this a good idea?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
nataliebmua
Answered

Girl it's perfectly fine!!! Using a matte eyeshadow is EXACTLY the same!!! If you use a shimmery one, I've found it makes the eyebrows look fuller.. But it doesn't look AS au natural as the matte. :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa
Answered

I have really pale eyebrows and just about can't find a brow powder that matches or isn't too dark, I use shadow all the time. This is especially helpful when I'm travelling as I don't have to pack an extra brow kit, I can just use a good eye shadow. Urban Decay's long lasting formulation is excellent for this. The NAKED palette is just so useful!

ssmittys
Answered

Hey jackkiee,

Until I found a brow pencil I liked, I used to always use a regular eyeshadow. Perfectly acceptable, and it serves double duty if you like to wear it on the lids too :smileyhappy:

dianabt
Answered

Hi jackkiee, 

I agree with Janine, its perfectly acceptable and OK to use an eyeshadow (especially matte ones) to fill in your brows. :smileyhappy: You can definitely use the matte shades in the Naked palette to fill in your brows and follow up with a clear brow gel or brow wax. I like the gels since they tend to remove less of the product you put on. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
janinebt
Answered

Hi jackkiee,

Using an eyeshadow to fill in your brows is completely acceptable :smileyhappy:. When I dye my hair lighter I tend to use a reddish brown matte shadow that I own to fill in my arches, I know plenty of makeup artists that do this too. I do find that you have to use brow gel sparingly when you use eyeshadows though, otherwise you run the risk of taking off some of the color. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 21 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • ssmittys
    • prettyinpa
    • dianabt
    • janinebt
    • jackkiee
    • nataliebmua