Answer
marinaanne147
I HIT PAN!!!

I was doing my makeup yesterday, and reached for my MAC A Dashing Lassie Eyeshadow Palette from last year's Christmas collection to use the champagne shade, Once Upon A Time, as my inner corner highlight. It has (had?) a huge dent in it and I've been working on it for my Project 10 Pan for a while now - my only goal was to hit pan. Well, after I tapped my brush in it, it had used enough product for me to finally hit pan! I am so excited!!! This is the first time I have ever hit pan on any eyeshadow/blush/powder product! I think I've had this palette for a year and a half or so. 

Photo on 2012-06-22 at 11.41.jpg

Photo on 2012-06-22 at 11.41 #2.jpg

My excitement over this is probably way too much for most of you. Sorry!

Have you ever hit pan? If so, how many and what (specific or not) products do you hit pan on?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 9
bhe27
Answered
Lol that's soo funny cause I felt the same way last week when I finally hit the pan of my mufe matte powder...after like3 years! But on my naked pallete the color smog is almost to the pan so I went and got the urban decay ammo pallete so I have an extra smog and some new colors to play with.
ry22
Answered

Still have never ever hit the pan. I'm trying to hit the pan on my Naked or Naked 2 palletes so I can justrify buying the Tarte NeutralEYES Volume II Natural Eye Palette ($44). There's nothing wrong with Naked palettes, but I'm trying to switch over to natural makeup.

ChicDabbler
Answered

LOL! Congradulations!

I feel the same way since I only wear make up once a week so everything last forever. I only started looking/buying make up regularly ~2 years ago and since I've got a soft spot for promotions, I have half shoe box full of make up or deluxe size stuff I haven't even opened. And then I feel guity about buying things cuz I never use them up. 2 month ago, I finally hit the pan on my Clinique Stay Matte Powder! I was so excited because it was my very first make up purchase for high school senior picture (7 years ago)! When I first saw the pan bottom, it was a dark dot and I thought the powder have gone bad so I tried to pick it out with my fingernail, then realized it's the pan bottom.

That's the only natural hit-pan, lol. I have a 3 yr old covergirl eyeshadow, part of which hit the pan because I scraped off chunks of it to mix my own loose eye shadow color. I am working on the Tarte True Blood eye shadow pallete that I got last Christmas, and so far on 2 of them, you can't see the embossed/engraved/imprinted word Tarte on the shadow anymore. =P

prettyinpa
Answered

MAC Fluidline in Rich Ground, that's pretty much it. I used up the gold color in my LORAC Starry-Eyed Star Studded trio but then I dropped the palette and broke the lid, so I don't travel with it anymore and it's languishing in a drawer. If I really put my mind to it I could probably use up the coppery shade in there, but the olive would remain because it's on the dark side and I'm usually in too much of a rush to use it as liner with liner seal. Other than that,  I have so many shadows and I'm so fickle that I don't use any one for long enough to hit pan. I'm close to pan in my UD Naked 1 in a bunch of shades but then I got Naked 2, so that one is just sitting around.

melissabt
Answered
[ Edited ]

YAY! I love when this happens. I hit pan on my eyeshadow highlighters a lot. Maybe I use a lot of it? I am still waiting till I hit pan on a blush!

<3 Melissa
kimmi1115
Answered

That's so awesome! lol.  I tend to rotate my palettes fairly well so each gets some love and attention during the week lol.  However, there's a good size dent in my Sin pan in my UD Urban Ammo palette.  I'm waiting to see pan!! 

dianabt
Answered

I'm always so excited when this happens! It means I can either buy a new item of the same shade or won't feel bad for opening something I already have! 

I have a favorite eyeshadow called "vanilla" that I've gone through 3 containers of, same as the Lancome shadow "kitten heel", as well as a sheer shimmer peach blush that I went through TWO. I've run through foundations, bronzers and cream foundations as well. Makes me worry that I'm wearing WAY too much makeup on my face! I will admit it's been a long while since I've hit pan on anything since I wear less makeup. A little worried my Dior Bronzer just hit the pan and its not made any longer! Maybe time to use my Cargo bronzers I've been hoarding away :smileywink:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
crayzeeRN
Answered
(0) Hearts

Exciting!! The only product I have hit pan on is Benefit Georgia- which is no longer made and I've owned for years! I'm one of those people that doesn't like to use the same products 2 days in a row, so I'm always rotating!

mafan
Answered
(0) Hearts

The sample size of Benefit Coralista. I got it in November and it's the blush I use almost all the time. It seems much softer than the same size Hoola that I've had for a lot longer. 

I expect the first eye shadow that I would likely hit pan on would be in the Stila French Riviera palette, probably Kitten. Not that I think it will happen too soon but it is the shadow I use the most. 

Question Stats
  • 9 answers
  • 23 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • marinaanne147
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • ry22
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan