Answer
Jillie
How to make my eyes look more open?

I have VERY hooded eyes. I want to some how be able to open them up and make them look...well, more open! I literally feel like I have no crease to my eyes! When I open my eyes I feel like you can't even see my eyelid. My eyes are all lashes and brow, you can barely see my eyeshadow unless I really use bright, dramatic colors.

So does anyone have any tips on how to open them up? I am so beyond frustrated at looking at people who have these gorgeous eyes that can pull off smokey eyes without looking like their eyes are tiny (I do a smoky eye and my eyes look teeny tiny and non exsistent!) 

To everyone who answers... THANK YOU!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
tenngal
Answered

Hooded eyes, sometimes also referred to as "bedroom eyes" appear as if the eye lid is partially closed.  Hooded eyes often need more prominence, so to give this illusion:

• Use a light highlight shade on brow bone and inner corner along lash line.
  • Apply an eyeshadow shade slightly darker than the highlight shade over the entire lid and hooded area of the eye.
  • Use a darker contour shade on the outer corner, sweeping up to a light peak.
  • Finish with a liner to define the lash lines.

For a classic gray / black smoky eye, just do the following (it's kind of hard to explain in words, but I'll try):

• Use a medium-size round brush to apply powder in an arch shape just above the crease of the lid.  Then blend down to the lash line.
  • Trace the upper lash line with a soft black pencil, then gently smudge with your fingertip.
  • With a smaller, firm-bristle brush, press a gunmetal shade into the lower lash line.
  • Apply a pale silver powder to the inner corners of the eyes to lighten the overall effect.
  • Pile on mascara and you're done.

However, you don't have to do a gray smoky eye all the time—you can substitute purples, etc., for the gray.  But there are tons of ways to do eye makeup and you can find some online tutorials that are helpful.  Sephora's Beauty Talk home page has some great “get-the-look” video tutorials and YouTube has a bunch of different looks, too.

I hope this helps you. :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • Jillie