Answer
eastakrongirl
How do I prevent eyeshadow/foundation from getting on my lash tips?

I recently started using Benefit's They're Real Mascara. This makes my lashes so long that they touch my eyelids!!! I love it, but now I always end up with either my eyeshadow or on foundation on the tips of my lashes. What's the point of applying a gorgeous, black mascara if the tips of my lashes end up beige?! Not hot.

Any suggestions to keep my shadow on my lids & off my lashes? I already use a shadow primer & mascara application is the last step in my makeup routine after setting powder & shadow application so it's not a fallout issue. Thanks for your help!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
lylysa
Answered

Since your lashes end up curling up so much til they touch your lid, try giving it an extra minute or two before blinking or fully opening your eyes after applying mascara so the formula can fully dry.

Also try looking into a make up setting spray from Urban Decay or MUFE, mist onto the face once your make up is all set with your eyes closed.

projulie
Answered

I agree with the previous post. I would also be careful when you're setting your makeup not to get too much product on the brush and to use a flat brush to place product. This will prevent applying too much product causing your lashes to have powder all over.

Laura Mercier - Camouflage Powder BrushLaura Mercier Camouflade Powder Brush (http://www.sephora.com/camouflage-powder-brush-P109949)

krissynita
Answered
(0) Hearts

I LOVE Benefit's They're Real! I sometimes have the same problem and I think it's because I am rushing to get on my way in the morning...soooo, my solution: I keep a tube of the mascara in my "touch up" cosmetic bag that tags along with me. I touch up my lashes with it when I am waiting in a drive-thru for morning coffee or when I first get to my desk. Sometimes I do have a little mascara dot or two to wipe off from my lid or beneath my lower lash line (easy fix) but the tips of my lashes aren’t picking up shadow or foundation after the ‘second’ application.

P.S. I prefer the mini-tubes of They're Real! over the full size...After trying SO many mascaras and finally finding one that I love that is actually consistent, I think mascara formulas break down and are not as effective once exposed to air...so the larger tubes lose some of their magic after a few weeks of use.  

XOXO

MaddieSparkles
Answered
(0) Hearts

I think that you should appy primer to your eyelids every time before you put on eyeshadow. This hold your shadow in place and very smooth. Also primmer for yor eyelashes would help.

jfoxx
Answered
(0) Hearts

I know we all have our "routines" in the morning... but I used to have the same problem... and I still do to some extent with my lower lashes because I get concealer on my lower lashes (I don't wear mascara on my lower lashes). Now, my mascara and eyeshadow is the last thing I put on. Maybe just changing the order in which you apply your makeup would help, that way if you get foundation or whatever on your lashes, the mascara is the last thing you apply to cover it.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • eastakrongirl
    • krissynita
    • lylysa
    • jfoxx
    • projulie
    • MaddieSparkles