Answer
septellis
How can I get under eye concealer to not crease or dry out?
(0) Hearts

How can I get under eye concealer to not crease in my fine lines or dry out? I use moisturizing cream before placing concealer and let it sit for a little bit before placing product. I apply in thin layers and build till it covers the dark areas. I do not use a lot of product and use a fine powder to set it. Been using Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer but not sure I'm liking the effect. Is there a primer or application I should be using? Or should I be using a different concealer?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
katie1724
Answered
[ Edited ]

I love Bobbi Brown Corrector, but it can be pretty drying, especially if your under eye area is dry. You can try a primer or base, but you may just need a more emollient concealer. One that is excellent (and inexpensive) is TheBalm's TimeBalm concealer -- in my experience, it's creamy, it brightens, it covers well and blends beautifully -- no creasing or caking.

Another one that is usually easy to work with is Benefit Erase Paste. It's very creamy, and a little goes a long way. I also like that it brightens in addition to concealing...it's very effecitve at minimizing the appearance of dark circles.

:smileyhappy:

ry22
Answered

Hi septellis!

To not get it to dry out, try using eye cream under it.

To stop the creasing, try using a little more powder. Also, cover the entire under eye area. Finally, you may want to repeat powdering a couple of times.

Also, try to think how long you've had this product. Concealer usually lasts a maximum of 2 years.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

msshopaholic087
Answered
(0) Hearts

I think you should use an eye cream you have or purchase one that hydrates around the eyes it should prevent it from becoming dried out 

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • msshopaholic087
    • ry22
    • septellis