Answer
gingerpeach5
Accepted Solution
Help!
(0) Hearts

I have green eyes and auburn hair and a fair skin tone. I have heard that I can't use light colored eye shadows. Is that true? What colors should I use for my lips, eyes and cheeks? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
projill
Answered

Not true at all- of course you can use light eye shadow colors :smileyhappy:

You are lucky because green eyes and auburn hair go so well together.  If you hair color stands out, then you will have to adjust your makeup colors to match with your hair color.

Since you said you have auburn hair, I would stick to lips and cheeks with a more peach undertone as this will complement your hair color the best.

Lipsticks:

NARS Beautiful Liar

Beautiful Liar

NARS Falbala

Falbala

NARS Hot Voodoo

Hot Voodoo

Try Laura Mercier Lipliner in Chesnut

Chestnut

or Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Liner in Chesnut 4C

Chesnut 4C

Laura Mercier Blush in Spiced Cider would be gorgeous on you (the color swatch does not do it justice)

Spiced Cider

For your eyes, stick with browns with red or orange undertones as these will complement your eye color and hair color the best.  Here are some options:

Smashbox Palette Blue Eyes (don't be fooled- it will look great on you too even with green eyes)

Kat Von D True Romance Palette in Ludwig

Smashbox Softbox Palette

Lorac Little Black Palette

Charolette Ronson Palette in Nicole

Dior Holiday Palette

I hope that gives you some ideas and let me know if you need any application tips :smileyhappy:

Happy Holidays,

xoxo

Jill

gingerpeach5
(0) Hearts
I also have glasses... and I have a lot of eyeshadows, but I dont know how to make my eyes stand out under my glasses without using 2 inches of eye makeup.
Thank you!
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • stepha0322
    • projill
    • gingerpeach5
    • sara505