Answer
gingerpeach5
Accepted Solution
Help!
(0) Hearts

I have green eyes and auburn hair and a fair skin tone. I have heard that I can't use light colored eye shadows. Is that true? What colors should I use for my lips, eyes and cheeks? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
projill
Answered

Not true at all- of course you can use light eye shadow colors :smileyhappy:

You are lucky because green eyes and auburn hair go so well together.  If you hair color stands out, then you will have to adjust your makeup colors to match with your hair color.

Since you said you have auburn hair, I would stick to lips and cheeks with a more peach undertone as this will complement your hair color the best.

Lipsticks:

NARS Beautiful Liar

Beautiful Liar

NARS Falbala

Falbala

NARS Hot Voodoo

Hot Voodoo

Try Laura Mercier Lipliner in Chesnut

Chestnut

or Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Liner in Chesnut 4C

Chesnut 4C

Laura Mercier Blush in Spiced Cider would be gorgeous on you (the color swatch does not do it justice)

Spiced Cider

For your eyes, stick with browns with red or orange undertones as these will complement your eye color and hair color the best.  Here are some options:

Smashbox Palette Blue Eyes (don't be fooled- it will look great on you too even with green eyes)

Kat Von D True Romance Palette in Ludwig

Smashbox Softbox Palette

Lorac Little Black Palette

Charolette Ronson Palette in Nicole

Dior Holiday Palette

I hope that gives you some ideas and let me know if you need any application tips :smileyhappy:

Happy Holidays,

xoxo

Jill

Answers: 2
stepha0322
Answered

Hello fellow ginger!!  I also have red hair and greenish/hazel eyes. I think you can use light coloured shadows if you also apply some eyeliner and mascara, I do this in the summer when it's super hot out.  I think it also depends on the colour of your brows and lashes.  If you're fair with fair features a light shadow colour on it's own will wash you out.  

I tend to stick to browns and plums for my eyes, anything with a violet base never orangey, although the Urban Decay Naked pallet is amazing.  I do like peach and warm pink for cheeks, I'm dying to get the Nars Orgasm blush. For lips it's usually gloss in a light nude pink/plum, I just got the Buxom lip gloss in Dolly and I love it and Syrup lipstick from MAC is a fav too!  

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy: 

sara505
Answered
(0) Hearts

Ok, so I don't have auburn hair OR green eyes, BUT one of my favorite beauty bloggers does! I swear she can pull anything off and she always recommends the BEST products. Check her out and maybe you can get some ideas? (She looks amazing with a vampy colored lip!)

www.youtube.com/chelseawears

www.chelseawears.com

Hope this helps!

-Sara

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • stepha0322
    • projill
    • gingerpeach5
    • sara505