Answer
smartmint
Fake Eyelash HELP!

I just bought my first pair of fake eyelashes and I am so excited to wear them! The only problem is I have 0 knowledge on fake eyelashes! I think you have to peel them or something and cover the seam but I don't know how.... So I need all the experts out there to help me out! Thanks a bunch! (and by the way, I know this is not about makeup, but it was the only board that this would  fit into!)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
prettyinpa
Answered

You got the right board, eyes covers everything from makeup to skin treatments to dry eyes, etc!

I use the non-self adhesive false eyelashes, I've always had trouble with the self-sticking kind, though lots of people use them, obviously.

For regular lashes, I put a tiny (Really tiny!) amount of glue on the band of the lash, allow to dry for 20-30 seconds (test the drying speed of your glue first on a scrap of business card or some non-absorbent surface to get a handle on how long it takes to set up). Then position the lash strip using tweezers to the right place (not on top of your real lashes, just slightly above).  If you stick them to your real lashes they look odd and don't stay on as well. Allow the glue to set up, then brush a coat of mascara over the falsies + your real lashes to blend. Line you eyes a little thicker than usual to help hide the band and you're done!  Practice makes perfect.

Good luck!

btmod2
Answered
[ Edited ]

Great suggestions prettyinpa!

I absolutely LOVE false lashes of all kinds, brands, colors, shapes, designs! Keep in mind that practice really DOES make perfect and only with continuous use will you really get the hang of it! Make sure not to overload on the glue, and I also found that either putting on liner before you apply the lashes, or using lashes with a very sheer/thin strip will help them look and feel most natural and comfortable!

Trimming the inner or outer edges can help the band to fit your eye shape too. Sometimes, depending on your eyes shape and size, the lashes may be too long and hang over the edges. I use brow scissors to cut them slightly and so I don't actually cut the hairs of the lashes! :smileyhappy:

good luck!! :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 12 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • prettyinpa
    • smartmint